[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

I'm FINALLY starting on this

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have finished June, July and Aug in the last three weeks. One more month of 6" stars, then can add that border to the quilt. Right now though, I need to put it aside and work on something that isn't so "complicated". I'm loving how this is turning out, and can't wait to finish the top, but I need a break from the precision of these blocks...I have a quilt kit I bought on our trip to Alaska that should be easy to put together, so I will work on that, and get back to this when I have that top completed.

Comment

This is still one of my most favorite quilts. Glad you are sticking with it.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Why is it, when you are working on a quilt, you do not see something turned the wrong way until after you have sewn the next fabric to your block. I had my 6" star blocks on my wall for weeks, looked at it every day, and never noticed that I had two blocks from the last set that had parts turned the wrong way until I had the setting triangle fabric already attached, and the border sewn together. At least I didn't have the border sewn to the quilt and the next floater borders sewn on before I saw it. Here is a picture with the top and bottom borders with the setting triangles, that I shared with a few friends, and never saw any issues.

Once I got the setting triangles sewn to the right side border, and started working on the left, I walked into my room and it smacked me in the face. I saw the top one first, then decided to double check all my stars to make sure I didn't miss something, and saw the bottom one. I never saw the mistakes when I finished the block or when I was arranging the blocks around my center, or when I was sewing the triangles to the blocks, or each of them to the next. It wasn't until the border was completely sewn together that I saw it. At least they were both an easy fix, and I can now get back to the left border... :-)

If nothing else, this quilt has taught me to take my time and double check my rotation of sub units when I'm making star blocks that are more complicated than just a few HSTs sewn to a center. Of course, now that I'm done with those star blocks, is when I learned my lesson, but it will be something I remember going forward. I will stop and admire my work with each star block, if only to make sure I haven't gotten something turned the wrong way, before I get any further in the project... :-)

I plan to get a better picture to post once I get the borders attached to the center, but I'm glad this quilt is almost finished. It shouldn't take me long to get the FG units completed, and all my saw tooth stars are done, so that border shouldn't take too long. I want to get this finished, so I can concentrate on Afternoon Delight and work on my applique skills. :-)

Diane in Colorado Springs.

Comment

Diane, I can relate, been there, done that

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 38 users online. 0 members and 38 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X