[vb_main_1]

I'm FINALLY starting on this

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm FINALLY starting on this

I know I'm a bit slow, but I just haven't had the time to start a large project until now. I had saved all the instructions in 2009, and bought my fabric last year, and today, I started cutting and piecing my Feather Star. I'm hoping I can get it done before the end of the year, since I don't have to wait for each months instructions. :-)
    I'm using batiks, and will post pictures as I make progress.

Diane in Colorado Springs

Diane, one of my all-time favorite quilts-this is the perfect time for you to start!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thank you. I can't wait to see how all my fabrics I have picked out are going to play together. So far, I like what I have, but I haven't done more than 6 sections for the Feathered Start... LOL Since I already have all the instructions, I may jump around and work on some star blocks out of order, they have become my new favorite blocks to make. I think I picked out more fabrics than the pattern called for, so I can add more colors into my stars. But there is always the option of buying even MORE fabric if I feel like I need more of something. :-)

Comment

I'm FINALLY finishing this

Good for you, Diane! I got stalled on that quilt. I just have to add the last border (which is already sewn) to the quilt, sandwich and then quilt. It WILL be DONE this year!!

Lorna

Comment

Lorna
          I would love to see pictures of your quilt when you get it all done!! And kudos to you for finishing up the last little bit you need to get the quilt done.

Diane in Colorado Springs

Comment

This is my Feather Star for Stars for A New Day 2099 BOM. Can't wait to get started on the rest of the months.

Comment

I have through February done now. Making pinwheels next. :-) So far, I am really liking the way this is turning out.

Comment

I have finished through February now. I'm really liking how this is turning out. Next Pinwheels. :-)

Comment

Lovely, onward!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  North Alabama, USA
                  "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Beautiful keep going

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Done with Month 3, the Pinwheel border. I haven't decided if I will work on more than 4 stars a month for the next 6 months, as I do have other projects, but once I get started I may not want to stop. :-) I'm really liking how this is turning out with all these colorful batiks I'm using.

Comment

It's NEVER too late - I can vouch for that! Your batik color choices are beautiful.

Comment

It's stunning stick with hour plan

Comment

It's stunning stick with your plan

Comment

No pictures yet, but I have done Months 4 and 5 of the 6" blocks for the next border. Going to take a break for a few weeks at least, then get back to these. I have some machine embroidery projects calling my name, and I need a break from the precision of these star blocks for a bit.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 80 users online. 0 members and 80 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X