[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Quilting Star Crazy 2010

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorna I love it! And I really like the way you quilted it too - probably much more appropriate for a DGD, but you are far too young looking to have a DGD!

Comment

Very nice! I enjoyed making this quilt from beginning to end!!

Comment

Originally posted by "NanaPie" post=125177
        Very nice! I enjoyed making this quilt from beginning to end!!
        I agree. Both of the quilts in 2010 were lots of fun!

Comment

Lorna, what a great quilt and I'm sure it's going to be very much loved! I like your quilting too--what a great idea to keep the quilting simple, the stars really stand out!

Comment

Thanks, Renata.

As simple as the quilting is, I struggled with the concept before starting--not the straight line pattern, but sewing over the bright colors with a white thread. White thread seemed the logical choice because of the background. I noticed at Festival of Quilts in Birmingham that sometimes an all over design really distracts from the fabric and design of a quilt. I think sometimes it is because the thread is too much contrast for the fabrics. But what to do when your fabrics contrast?! I wanted the quilting in the background and not to distract from the colorful stars. I used Superior's So Fine thread in white and it seemed to blend with which ever color it was on.

Comment

It looks wonderful, Lorna! I can see the texture from the quilting, but it doesn't distract at all from the stars. Perfect! I'm sure your DGD loves it!!

Comment

Loved your quilt. Looks like you have some Batiks in it. The colors were quite smashing.
                I would love to make this one.
                Linda Jo

Comment

Thank you. Actually no batiks. I rarely buy kits, but loved the fabrics for this quilt. The fabric line is Whisperings by Alex Anderson for P&B Textiles. Pattern for this and Hugs and Kisses, also a 2010 BOM, were designed by Sue Garman. It was fun to put together. Looks like the pattern is available on line if you are interested.

https://www.comequilt.com/shop/c/p/Star-Crazy-Complete-Pattern-Set-x2206365.htm

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 76 users online. 0 members and 76 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X