[vb_main_1]

Quilting Star Crazy 2010

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting Star Crazy 2010

I'm still plodding away, machine quilting on my domestic (Bernina 440) machine. I've looked at Sue's wonderful quilting and decided that I just couldn't/didn't want to have quite such dense stitching on mine. I still have a long way to go, but this is where I am now. The entire center is quilted and I'm almost finished the border of small stars. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do on the final solid border.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Oh Carol! It looks WONDERFUL!!!

Comment

That really is beautiful, Carol. Great job!!!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

It's looking wonderful Carol

Taree NSW - Australia
        My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Very nice!

Taree NSW - Australia
          My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Carole your quilting is so GREAT! What a wonderful job you are doing on your quilt. It's beautiful!
            Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Thanks everyone! I wish I could be more creative and innovative with my quilting. I don't seem to be able to come up with any original ideas for quilting AT ALL. Thank goodness for the other quilters who can, because then at least I can get ideas to use. Sometimes the designs that long armers do are fairly easy to reproduce on the domestic, but sometimes they are not! Those circles for the large feathered wreaths just about drove me crazy. (Although I don't know if those are easy on the long arm machine or not.) At this point, I'm just glad to be more than halfway through, and I hope I can come up with something I like for the final border!

Comment

Carole, your quilting is sensational - are you doing that freemotion? Looks great!
                Lizzy Down Under

Comment

Yes, most of what I did was free motion, although there's also some stitching done with the walking foot, like the circle centers of the feathered wreaths. I can't seem to do a neat free-motion large circle!!
                  Lizzy Down Under

Comment

Fabulous, Carole!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Carole--your quilt is wonderful!

Comment

Thanks. I know it's not perfect, but I did it myself without a longarm, and I didn't have to pay anyone else to do it for me, so that made me VERY HAPPY! The quilt is on my bed every day and I enjoy it, and that's what counts!! People who aren't "quilt savvy" and who haven't seen the marvelous machine quilting that is done by many quilters nowadays, are truly impressed by it.

Comment

Carole, even people who are "quilt savvy" should be impressed by it! You did a great job!

Comment

Carole,
                            You've created an heirloom that you can enjoy and then pass on to others in your family to love as well. Brava!!

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                            Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

It is really so great Carole!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X