[vb_main_1]

sedona star

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heartnsoulquilts
    CJ, I have some pics in the Show and Tell, but not sure you can see the blanket stitching. I'd love to see pics of both Nancy's and CJ's. Please add them to the Show and Tell!
    I have pictures for each month in the show and tell area. I think you can see just mine if you go to my profile.

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by cjtinkle
      Thanks Michelle, I'll go search and see if I can find your pictures.
      As for me, I haven't started this quilt and I'm not sure that I will, but I am thinking about it.
      All the lovely Sedona Star quilts are in their own Show and Tell folder. Go to BOM in the purple menu bar, click on Show and Tell in the sub menu, and then scroll down to Sedona Star and click to see the quilts. Or from the BOM tab in the purple menu, click on the white tab for Sedona Star, then scroll down and click on the Show and Tell button on the right. Either way gets you to the quilts!

Mine are recent, and only the first two months so far. But it is so inspirational to see all the different colorways and customization on these quilts! I have started month 3 but still need to finish that, and take new pics.

Make sure you download everything before the end of the year!! It is a challenging quilt but oh so lovely. I hope you'll join us!

Comment

Originally posted by rehak
        CJ, I have some pics in the Show and Tell, but not sure you can see the blanket stitching. I'd love to see pics of both Nancy's and CJ's. Please add them to the Show and Tell!
        I have pictures for each month in the show and tell area. I think you can see just mine if you go to my profile.

Nancy

Nancy, you are right -- the pics are in our profiles too! So that's a quick and easy way to see a person's pics! And your Sedona Star is just gorgeous! I see you like brights and batiks/handdyes too! I sure hope you continue on and post new pics soon! I am always inspired by seeing these quilts!

I am almost done with month 3, and hope to post those pics soon.

Comment

I do have DeLoa's Appliguide, but I rarely do anything freehand anymore. I sold my HQ several years ago and bought an APQS Millennium with the IntelliQuilter. I still hate quilting around applique! :mrgreen:

Originally posted by Margo
          Have you tried DeLoa Jones's Appliguide? I really like it for stitching around applique!
          http://www.deloasquiltshop.com/deloa...ppliguide.html

Do you still have a HandiQuilter?

Comment

Nancy, you are right -- the pics are in our profiles too! So that's a quick and easy way to see a person's pics! And your Sedona Star is just gorgeous! I see you like brights and batiks/handdyes too! I sure hope you continue on and post new pics soon! I am always inspired by seeing these quilts!

I am almost done with month 3, and hope to post those pics soon.
            I definitely love your colors, too! I'll be following your progress with much interest. I'm especially excited to see how you quilt it. I "know" you from mqresource where I lurk and see you quite often.

I do plan on finishing this quilt (as well as Ruffled Roses, the 2011 BOM) and will slide it in where time permits. There are just so many things I want to do!! And I'm not good at narrowing things down or limiting myself!

Nancy

Comment

I am really happy to see there are still those that will either be starting or continuing with the Sedona Star. I love reading the posts and ideas that others offer. I am starting to get things gathered up....have downloaded all of the patterns and lessons. I have the Stable stuff but I think I will need to add more later on. I also go the GO with the required dyes and hope that I have downloaded the embroidery designs....so I hope when I start to catch up and read the patterns I dont have to go and hunt down embroidery designs.

Will be posting as I go along and will take pictures and download.
              Merry Christmas to everyone hope Santa is generous.

Comment

i prifare doing patchwork instead of applique, but wt sedona star i over come it and do applique, the difference is that i first glue the peaces on the stabilizer, no raw adges - i fold the 1/4" on the sterilizer and then glue it on the bg.
                then i do applique with machine. that is the only way with my carpal tunnel.
                i am also behind, but i love every minutes of it.
                * sorry about the mistakes, my computer dont understand me today what i want to say, and he gives me different suggestions that should be :roll:

Comment

btw, i tried to do paper piecing but it was far too difficult for my level (on the app blocks)

Comment

[quote="beckyezra" my computer dont understand me today what i want to say, and he gives me different suggestions that should be :roll: [/quote]

Do I ever know that feeling, and switching to the correct language often doesn't help much when it's in a certain auto-correct mood!
                    Don't worry, we understand you just fine!
                    :wink:

Comment

thanks dear

Comment

You are doing great Beckyezra! I love reading your posts!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

thanks margo dear

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Me too, Becky! Lotti, I love my iPhone and it's alternative suggestions for what I am texting. I often let it take over and just send the message. Although it's usually confusing to the receiving party, I'm always amused!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Hi Becky -

I'm doing the appliques in the same way as you. Haven't tried the pointy ones yet, but will work something out. It's nice to have a friend working the same way I am!

Nancy

Comment

about the pointy bits see óne piece at a time site, i am sorry dont remember her name. but she show how to treat points, as well sharon schember you can find her on you tube. i find it that most important is the amount of glue that dont make the stabilizer mushi.
                                thanks every one abuout the support, yes some time i am not only amused about the suggestions that my computer gives me instead of what i want to say, as well some people blush form it
                                happy new year every one!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X