[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

General Questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions HOW DO i CONNECT TO THE MESSAGES THAT HAVE BEEN ON THE FORUM i CANNOT FIND ANY ANSWERS WHERE DO YOU GO TO GET THE COPIES OF THE PRINTOUTS THAT ARE NOT IN THE DVD PRINTOUT Where do I go to find the answers on the forum that has been listed 35 ofr more

Comment

This forum was set up on 5 July it is now 13 July and no questions have been answered, when can we expect answers? I know this is a free class but this is not a good look for TQS, I am seriously considering not renewing my subscription

Comment

I am new to using the forum. How do I get to the answers to these questions ?

Comment

I am having a terrible time finding out how to mark the whole quilt. When I tried to print the diagram for the quilt, all it does is print the circle and a curvy line. need to see how the whole quilt top was marked.
          Please help

Comment

I, too, am worried about this class. I have ordered the first ruler, but I had problems downloading the whole quilt diagram, too. Where is anyone to answer our questions. I am sure that the tutorials will be great, but what if we have questions? Where are you Gena or TQS? Give us some indication as to what we need to do to get answers on this site.

Comment

Hi there! The best way to ask important questions is to email me directly. I included my email address on the handout. I'm sorry there is confusion. We are working out the initial kinks. Block 6 is missing. I downloaded all of the handouts that are currently added with no issues. I'm not a tech person though so I don't know how to help with that. Please feel free to email me directly: ginaperkesdesigns@gmail.com
              You can also add me as a friend on Facebook to view some of my clarification videos.
              Thank you for quilting with me!

Comment

Hi there,

I'm sorry for the confusion.
                I added some clarification videos to Facebook. If you add me as a friend, you can access them. The foundational marking diagram is everything that you should be marking onto your fabric. The circles and wavy lines should also be added but those are free form so you should just randomly add those elements. In the foundational marking diagram the blocks are marked. I then reference which block I am quilting. I am working to add some photos here soon

Comment

If you print it on 8.5 x 11 it should be fine. Check the settings. It sounds like you are getting just a portion of the diagram. I tried multiple times with no issue.

Comment

I have uploaded some new photos of the project on my profile here at TQS. Please check them out, I included the full finished quilt also.

Comment

You need to tell Acrobat Reader to ":Fit to Page" or "Fit". I had that the first time I printed, then when I changed the print settings so it would put everything on one sheet, it was fine.

Comment

I have a question on how to use the wavy edge of the Shirley ruler on the inner square of Block 4. It does not seem like the size is perfectly fitted to be able to do this without fudging the corners. Would it be possible for you to put a short video on facebook for us to be able to see how this is managed? Thanks a bunch!

Comment

I thought I'd share this. GIna's downloadable file of the foundation marking guide is full size. If you have Corel Draw (or Bernina design software, which has Corel Draw in it), or even if you have Excel Spreadsheet, you can print it out full size in sheets to tape together, which is what I did. I measured all the pieces after I did this and they are accurate. I then marked it with my light box, using rulers to help keep the lines straight. Worked great. For Corel Draw, use Print Layout and tell it to tile and print size "as in document" (consult the help index to find complete instructions for tile printing). For Excel Spreadsheet, you insert the image in a spreadsheet and print it out. Both will auto tile for you. You may know of other ways to do this. It really made it clear where everything goes.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

OK... I feel stupid. I can't find Gina's downloadable file of the foundation marking guide? Where is it hiding?

Comment

Originally posted by "JudithA" post=142088
                              OK... I feel stupid. I can't find Gina's downloadable file of the foundation marking guide? Where is it hiding?
                              Don't feel stupid. I am happy to say they finally have all her classroom items in place..not sure when they got that done, but you cango to classes, downloads for classes and find it there. Here's a link https://thequiltshow.com/learn/downloads-for-classes/category/81-ruler-mastery-series

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Thank you, Betty Jo!!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 73 users online. 0 members and 73 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X