Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Margo
    Aren't digital cameras a great tool!!
    Absolutely! I love my digital camera.

I ran out of the blue fabric that I wanted to use and had to go shopping for something new. The ladies at the quilt store thought that I had accidentally used some wrong fabrics. They were surprised when I said I had used them intentionally. I liked how a few of the blocks had paler fabrics included. They do disappear but that is the effect that I liked. I think Sue and Margo did it too on their borders.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Mine did too, JoJo! And I love the way it makes your eyes dance around the quilt!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Here I was thinking I was on the last leg I had fussy cut the triangles and then went to cut the applique square down to 15 1/2 " only to find that
        I hadn't lined the top portion up absolutely correctly, DH suggested that I unpick that portion and reposition it, that lasted all of about 5 minutes
        I wasn't doing real well then daughter came in and suggested she have a go I must say she is better at unpicking than I am, I didn't think I was going
        to like the look of it maybe, so I decided to do a new one, I have only got to cut and place 4 more leaves and then on to the machine for stitching
        them all down, it shouldn't take that long all going well I hope to have it posted before the end of the month :roll: yes I do realise when the end
        of the month is tee hee

Comment

You are going to so enjoy this quilt. I think if you wanted to use blanket stitch applique that would work wonderfully for this quilt. As for the paper piecing my baskets were so much nicer since I used it and Sue gives lots of great tips. And always remember you have MARGO and everyone else on the forum for help. I find everyone here so very friendly and helpful. I finished my "Ruffled Roses" last night and am taking this year off from the BOM. Sue's "Sarah's Revival" has really called my name and I have the first months patterns ready to start.

I look forward to reading more about your "Ruffled Roses" adventure this year.
          SueW
          Upstate NY

Comment

Yea, I have just posted my Ruffled Roses and I'm happy with it, can't wait to see it grow, I managed to get it done end of January.

Comment

I'm doing Ruffled Roses this year. Right now I'm on month two, the lattice borders. I made each little paper piece and I'm trimming and tearing paper away tonight. I'm confused about how to piece the little squares together to make the X's. So I logged on to find if any others needed help with that part. I'm searching the forum for discussion about those X's. :-)

Comment

Search by Ruffled Roses Month 2. should find thread faster that way.

Comment

Thanks! I found my answers. There is an advantage to being one of the last people to start this lovely quilt. Most questions have already been asked and answered, most mistakes have great solutions for fixing, and I love seeing all the pictures. I'm a relatively new quilter. This is my first hand appliqué and paper piecing, and piping in the swags is scaring me a little. But I have courage because my paper pieced Xs came out great. And I'm thrilled with how the appliqué center came out! I know I can master the piping when I get there!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X