[vb_main_1]

Just Starting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Starting

Hi, I am just going to start doing the 2011 BOM along with the 2012 Bom, by the sound of things you'd better wish me luck, things didn't turn out for me to be able to start the 2011 BOM last year so thought I would take up the challenge and do the two of them this year, I have not done turned edge applique before ( only raw edge blanket stitch ) nor paper piecing so this is really going to be a challenge, but I'm up for it. I was wondering if anyone else is going to do the 2011 BOM this year as I did see that the Kits did sell out toward the end of the year. I will read through the forum as I go to gleen information

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Yup! I'm only on month 3 of the 2011 BOM, so you'll probably catch up to me soon! Doing two could be exciting, but I think we need to not have any deadlines! Just enjoy the journey, however far we get each month! I love them both!

Dawn
    In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

I just started the quilt in January. I have the center block finished. I am in the middle of doing four quilts and work full time so I don't know if I can keep up but I'm going to try. I changed the colors after I bought all the fabrics. Last summer we went on a painting frenzy in our house so the other colors do not match. I am trying to work from my stash. When I washed the applique to remove the starch and markings, I noticed that I need to do a little repairing. I took a picture of the block and noticed one of my berries was a giant compared to the others so I'm going t redo that one. I've never posted to this site before. I'd love to see pictures of your works in progress.

Comment

Hi, it's nice to have others to be doing it along with, yes I too have quite a lot of things on the go I have started the centre and it is looking good when I have enough done I will post a picture of it I too went along with choosing fabrics and am very happy with the colour way so hopefully it will look good when it is finished it will be nice to see all of our pictures posted

Comment

You know, I have had some instances where I was unable to download some of the months instructions. Is there anyway we can get the instructions for the months I am missing?

Comment

Originally posted by hummerlou
            You know, I have had some instances where I was unable to download some of the months instructions. Is there anyway we can get the instructions for the months I am missing?
            Louanne, you can purchase the missing patterns through Quakertown Quilts: http://www.quakertownquilts.com/cata...+for+a+New+Day

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks for the info Margo!

Comment

I too just started the 2012 BOM and wanted to start the 2011 also but not sure about the colors so I have been procrastinating. Afraid I won't have enough of same colors in my stash to complete(Just a newbie to quilting so not a lot of stash and not wanting to spend too much which I am not sure, is in a quilters vocabulary when it comes to purchasing fabric that you sooo fall in love with LOL!!)
                So where are you now ,Barb? have you started the first block? I just started cutting mine out.

Comment

I'm still plugging away on my Christmas version of the 2011 BOM. I'm soooo excited to have this part done now!

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                  <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Very nice, JoJo! That looks like a lot of work! If I can ever get through with my appliqued swags, I'll be doing those next! Now I'll know who to ask for pointers, since it is fresh in your mind! :wink:

Dawn

Comment

Thanks Dawn. I've learned to always take a picture of what I've just done because I can't see my mistakes until I look at the picture on the screen. As soon as I uploaded the pictures I saw that one of my sets got turned the wrong way so I need to pick out one small section, turn 90 degrees, and resew. Well, I'm nearly done with month 4. ?)

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR

Comment

I love a puzzle, so I had to go back to your pictures and try and find the 4 patch that you spoke of. I searched and searched the first picture then looked at the second picture.........................then laughed. Sure enough, there it is! Just as bold as can be! I never saw it until you brought it up!

Dawn

Comment

It is funny to me as well because I've been looking at those borders for a couple of days now and it never jumped out at me until I saw the photo. I think my eyes corrected it but the photo made it bolder. I just fixed it so I really am done with Month 4 now.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR

Comment

Aren't digital cameras a great tool!!

Comment

Hi Sheryl54 I have just started my first block and it is looking good but I have just finished doing the applique on the 2012 block and I did turned edge applique which I have never done before, I have only done a couple with just blanket stitch on raw edge which is what I am doing on this quilt, but I so loved the look of the turned edge applique that I think I might start again and do the turned edge not too sure yet as I am being told that the way I am doing it looks good. You will be fine with doing yours I am sure. I too don't have much of a stash yet !!! and sent away for the fabrics which are mostly the same as what one of the other members did my DH liked the colour way so much that the lady very kindly helped me out on where to get the fabric which took a lot of time as they were not all immediately available, I'm sure that I purchased far too much, so this time on the 2012 BOM I thought I would go with the Kit my DH loves the lighter colour way and so do I and it goes well with my decor, and it is looking good, but the brighter colour way just talks to me also Sooooo I have also sent for that and this morning I had an email to tell me that it has just been shipped, how good is that. I am just so looking forward to this year and am so excited to be doing all of this. I will just take one step at a time and get there at my own pace, I think I should be OK Good luck with yours and please let me know how you are going with it all I am so looking forware to seeing it posted ttfn

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 33 users online. 0 members and 33 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X