[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Mini Pieced Swag Border

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Rita. I am very pleased. But wouldn't want to make another one anytime soon!

Comment

Well, I know that feeling and I made the big version! It took me two days just to snip all the stray threads while preparing the quilt top for quilting :shock: I thought I would never finish it.

Comment

Annis, once again you are doing amazing stuff!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

this is looking sooooo good - wow - thanks for showing us that it is possible - with a lot of organization, trial & error, and lots & lots of patience, i think. wow

Comment

Wow...incredible work. Thanks for sharing how you organize it all. I'm not doing this BOM so I didn't even try the big one! Sandi

Comment

Annis,
              Those borders look fantastic! I can't wait to see your beautiful quilt.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
              Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Once again Annis, you amaze me. Bought one of your patterns in Houston.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Thanks, Ritzy. Sending my patterns there was a last minute thing. Next year I will be better prepared. One of the quilts was supposed to be hung but the booth didn't have enough wall space and I told the owner to only put out what she had space for. Maybe I need to have my own booth one of these days.

Comment

Annis, Your swag border is amazing! I can't wait to see it on the quilt. Thanks for sharing how you did it.

Geneva in Northern CA.
                    Geneva

Comment

Which one? The striped fabric on the left or the triple border on the right. And do I have to make the 28 appliqued circles! I have a little over 3/4" to work with so the green strip on the right would be about 1/2" wide which would mean the circles should probably be 1/4". I'm not sure that I want to do those but I have too much time in this quilt to take the easy way out. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Comment

This baby is just the best ever !! IMHO..when I do the squint test ..the triple border with circles
                        stands up the best for me. The stripes seem to just fade out, not giving a good edge. Of course,
                        it's what you see that counts ! I know it will be wonderful regardless . Marilyn

Comment

I personally prefer the striped fabric on the left-- IMHO

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Annis, they are both beautiful. The striped one one the left grabs my attention. I like it best, but maybe it pulls your attention away from the appliques and intricate piecing? I tried hiding one half with my hand and looking at each side. Either way it's a winner.
                            Kathy

Comment

Annis, wow, either one would be a winner. I like the one on the right because it is more subdued and shows off the swag border more.

Comment

Option 3. I would still have to piece it but wouldn't have to make the circles, and I would be able to use the green for the binding along with a crumb catcher or piping. I have a little time yet to make up my mind. I've got some hand sewing to do on the binding for my sister's quilt and several quilt labels that have to be finished first.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 48 users online. 0 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X