[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Half-Size Measurements

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual retreat isn't working at the moment so perhaps start a new thread or post them here. Since when did we stay on topic

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Lost virtual retreat again. Recent topics only go for 2 pages, can anyone remember which section it's in?

Anyroad I've finished quilting My Country House and am busy binding, then on to blocking. Or not My own fault, like an idiot I didn't prewash my fabric and the fabrics run so I can't wet it to block it. So am going to try ironing lightly with steam iron on reverse. Any tips?

Comment

Wendy your quilting looks great! I'd keep doing what you're doing too!

Barb

Comment

Wendy - I'd consider blocking like a sweater on foam blocks and holding in place with T-pins. I'd steam right side up to not flatten the appliqué and use a steamer or steam iron held over not on the quilt surface.

Barb

Comment

Wendy, I did exactly what Barb suggested (foam blocks and T-pins or even regular pins) and steamed without touching the quilt with the iron--left it for 48 hours (could have done it for 24 and it would have been fine too) and it came out beautifully. In the photo, you don't see the foam blocks because I drew a circle onto a piece of muslin pinned to the foam in order to get a perfect circle to place the quilt onto.

Comment

Such a beautiful quilt Renata Thank you both.

Comment

Wendy - How are you doing with your Half Size My Country Home I've pulled out mine a couple times but have not quilted.

Barb

Comment

Which bits have you pulled out Barb. I did the border measurements by measuring my quilt rather than the size given by the pattern /2 or it wouldn't have fitted. Used plain squares rather than the given pattern which made it easier. .

I've finished :woohoo: . I blocked it just by steam ironing on the back and itt lays fairly square now. The colour runs are less noticeable now I've quilted it to death and touched up some areas with a white paint except in certain light when those areas glow!! I'll put up pics later this morning, it's a bit dark still for photos. I put it in our groups show in Wirksworth and I got some really nice feedback, even a handshake from one visitor. :lol:

Can you show us how far you've got too.
                  Do we know what next years quilt is yet?

Comment

Finally get to put my finished quilt on the thread. I thought about adding more embroidery and beads/buttons but I think it's busy enough.

Anyone else finished theirs ?

Comment

Turned out beautifully! Those colors are so soft and spring-y! Make me think of you're watercolors !!

Comment

It's so beautiful, Wendy! The colors definitely remind me of your watercolors. Love it!

Comment

Thank you Marilyn and Nancy your comments mean a lot to me

Comment

Wendy, Your quilt is just gorgeous! The colors are just wonderful. I love how you made that quilt your own. Wonderful work!

Comment

Hey..Lois! Nice to "hear" from you! Whatcha doing these days ??

Comment

Wendy -

Wow your quilt is fabulous, I agree it reminds me of your watercolors!

Here's another look at my top, waiting to be quilted. I've taken Jacque Gering's machine quilting classes and purchased Skillbuilder panels to practice. Wish me luck!

Barb

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 48 users online. 0 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X