piecing a 45 degree diamond quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am SO IMPRESSED with you gals!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Too soon to be impressed--we have to accomplish it first. :wink:

Comment

If anyone can do it, you two can. I'll gladly send you my template in a reduced size and PDF file if you're interested. First I will have to check to see if the fold lines will still match when reduced. I'll even remove the extra lines so it won't look so challenging.

Comment

WooHoo Annis! That would be great!

Comment

That would be great!

Andrée

Comment

I found my block. It was in a bin labeled sample blocks. No picture yet. I have notes somewhere that I wrote as I was making it. No telling where they are. The paper is still on it. Maybe that's why I had trouble getting the center perfect. I'm at my home in the country and am busy making blocks for a quilt that needs to be larger.

Comment

Originally posted by ajclapp
                I found my block. It was in a bin labeled sample blocks. No picture yet. I have notes somewhere that I wrote as I was making it. No telling where they are. The paper is still on it. Maybe that's why I had trouble getting the center perfect. I'm at my home in the country and am busy making blocks for a quilt that needs to be larger.
                When I did mine, I had to remove the paper before joining the 8 diamonds, because of the bulk. Anyway, I'll figure out a way to print my template, and make sure the seams between the strips are wide enough...

Andrée

Comment

I found my notes along with the printed templates for the 9" block that I never made. They were in the first file cabinet drawer I looked in. It's nice having everything in one big room so you don't have to go from room to room or closet to closet searching. It will be a challenge making this as a 2-1/2" block. The seam allowances shrink to about 1/8" and the fold line is only about 1/16" from the edge of the seam allowance. The templates would need to be cut apart and more space added between them before copies are made. I can separate the units on my computer drawing before decreasing the size. I need to add remove paper before final assembly to my notes. I may take the papers off this block and take apart and resew the quarter sections. I think I will place the block on point, add corners and borders and put it in the room with the purple quilts.

Comment

Gorgeous!

Andrée

Comment

You have a ROOM with purple quilts?

Comment

Yes, they're in a guest room at our guest house for the extended family. There are 2 twin beds. They are lavender/purple/green. The room used to be my sewing room until we built a separate house. The walls are still bare.

Comment

If ""someone" were to figure out how to size this block to the
                          requirements for the Space Block Project talked about this past
                          week, many of us could make the same block in a variety of
                          colors to give some continuity to that quilt.

Comment

I already have a template for that size. It would just be a matter of figuring cutting sizes. There's only 3 different units so that shouldn't be hard. Send me an email and I will send you a PDF file. No instructions though. You will have to figure that out on your own. The templates are for paper piecing so as long as you add the pieces in the numbered order everything should fit together.

Comment

Annis! You are a drafting queen! Here is a picture of just one-quarter of the lone star block; it measure:

Yep! Two inches! :shock:
                              This is from the post you did early in this thread.

Comment

WOW!! :shock:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X