[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

replacement cover for my ironing board

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked Aubrey if he could match MaryJo's price and he said no. He has no control over what retailers sell his stuff for.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Not that you are looking for this, but I found this tutorial I did this on my ironing board... So I'm sharing it with you!
      http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandbl...easy-iron.html

I hope it helps you! Bren

Comment

I called Maryjo's this morning and ordered the pad that is a little longer since my Big Board is 20x59. They were wondering why all the orders, so I briefly explained the reason. I was told that it costs around $5 to ship. Now I'm anxious to see how it works out. When I made the replacement cover for my board, I hemmed around the edges and inserted elastic, the way the original was made. Works great and stays in place.

Comment

I am so glad to find this info about making an ironing surface! I want to get a new cutting table that is the right height for cutting, ironing, and basting, but that can be folded down to a small size when not in use. (My sewing/quilting room is TINY!) Any suggestions? Are there cutting tables out there that fit the bill? And WHAT HEIGHT table am I looking for??? Thanks!

Comment

Kayben, the average height of cutting and ironing surfaces is about 35" or the height of your kitchen counters.

Not sure about a folding surface because the padding and covering for the ironing part would buckle when it was laid back up flat at the hinged area. But you could look at some kind of table that has side expansion wings. My kitchen table has those, but of course that wouldn't be tall enough for cutting or ironing, so it would have to be placed on risers or made taller somehow.

If you made a portable ironing surface, perhaps you could just lay that on your kitchen counter. And when you need to cut, lay a cutting board on that same counter. I know it's not in the sewing room, but you have a counter that's the right height there and it wouldn't take up valuable real estate in your sewing room. And you'd be getting a bit more exercise too!! LOL

Comment

Great ideas. Thanks, Michelle!

Comment

this morning i got keepsake quilting catalogue
                at the end of it there is a picture of broad ironing board
                i think if you can find the 'legs' in DIY store you do the same
                or on yr ironing board but skip the metal where the ironing sits
                it will create sort of non stability of the board
                * i hope it is clear

Comment

I also noticed in the Getting Organized with Jacquie Gering pictures that she has an idea as well for an ironing center. It's toward the end of the pictures. I think it says she uses a cabinet from a hardware store. Love all these good ideas. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do in my new space.

Comment

I tried to call Golden Hand Industries at the number listed below. Apparently it is now out of business. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by scottkr
                      I tried to call Golden Hand Industries at the number listed below. Apparently it is now out of business. Any suggestions?
                      No, they are not out of business, but you will get a better price through MaryJo's Cloth Store, INC. in Gastonia, NC:

http://maryjos.com/notions/notions-p...ktable-pad-752

Comment

i read again the tittle of this thread and it is about the cover, so sorry i though only about the surface.
                        i learned from eleanor burns that you need to use simply strips cotton fabric that will help you ironing strait when you need to.
                        i use canvas and on it strips fabric

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 276 users online. 0 members and 276 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X