replacement cover for my ironing board

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do! Thanks again Margo!

Comment

I covered my 2x8 foot piece of MDF with warm and white batting. I can't remember if I added a layer of InsulBright. It is taped to the back--can't staple thru the dense board. I cornered. The top with canvas. I take it off and wash it. (You cannot iron the wrinkles out of it!)
      I put it back on the board white still moist and stretch it into place and secure with large binder clips.. I made a pocket at one end to slip on the board and then ,pull hard before I add the clips. It dries with no wrinkles. I have some old ironing board clips that have elastic between the that I use to secure the loose sides.g
      My board sits on top of 2 columns of wire baskets. One faces outward at the end and the faces forward at the other end. it reduces rocking. So pressing yardage is no problem for me. i have also used it to block quilts in segments, such as top an bottom and the both sides.
      They were 10 wrungs high, but that was too high for me so I cut off one wrung with a pipe cutter. Perfect for me and I have storage. Regular ironing board had too much waste under it for me.

Coast of South Carolina USA
      Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

We went tomIKEA yesterday and bought ths the side board, Joe put it together, and we are now waiting. For for the pad and the Dock Canvas to arrive they were ordered Sunday and Monday. Margarita

Coast of South Carolina USA
        Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

My DH has cut the plywood for me - now just waiting for my shipment from MaryJo's. Margo, thanks for sharing such a great idea! And Pam, thanks for the info on free shipping!

Comment

Pam, I totally agree with you about the wasted spaced under the folding ironing board, but the one I use belonged to my mother who died in 1987. For sentimental reason, I just can't bring myself to part with it! :roll:
            And it is handy for dropping the ironing pad down to a lower height when I need to use it beside my sewing machine.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Today I got a call from Maryjo's regarding my order of the pad. It turns out they sold eight of them yesterday and another eight today and even received a communication from Down Under! Looks like we've cleared out their inventory and they are having to order more. Did you see what you started, Margo? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

I had a feeling that might happen with so many of us. Hope I got my order in in time!
                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Karen, if you did not get a call then you probably got yours!

Comment

Whew! I got my order in early... :wink:

Nancy

Comment

Sorry you have to wait Renata.

Comment

Thank you, Karen. Luckily, I don't have to wait. They called to inform me that they had run out of the size I ordered, but they still have it in the next size up (36x61, I think they said) and I agreed to accept that one rather than wait for the new batch to come in from Golden Hands Industries.

Comment

Well that worked out nicely then. Funny, I didn't know they carried any other sizes and was glad I didn't have to think about it. Actually when I see free shipping I wig out with happiness and just want to do my order quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by kfstitcher
                            Well that worked out nicely then. Funny, I didn't know they carried any other sizes and was glad I didn't have to think about it. Actually when I see free shipping I wig out with happiness and just want to do my order quickly!
                            I'm the same way and did the same thing! And I would have had the same dilema if I had known they had multiple sizes. I guess we quilters are very much alike!

Nancy

Comment

For what it's worth, I talked with Aubrey this morning and told him about all the orders from TQS that went to MaryJo's. He said they had already called him to place an order, but that the ones they have already sold were at an earlier pricing, and the ones he's sending them today will be more.

I have no idea how much more, or if they will continue with the free shipping.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

The way I understood it was the free shipping was only a day or so until the end of Dec. I noticed that the price was cheaper at MaryJo's than listed at GH. and wondered about that.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 189 users online. 0 members and 189 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X