[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Great Quilt but how do I quilt it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a couple of weeks of quilting, I thought I would update with my plans. I have completed quilting around the applique and have started grid on the center part of design. It is taking FOREVER, but it does look nice. I did quilt another stem coming off the blue leaves and that gives it an unexpected look. Once I get a bit farther I will post a picture. I am choosing to tie off the end of my lines of qulting at each stop instead of using a few stitches in place and really like the look, but I do often wonder if I am crazy or what. Will keep plodding along and hope to post something soon.

Karen

Comment

it is very beautiful quilt top!!! it remind me of kathy k. wylie work, i assume that if you quilt by machine i would look at her site to see how she quilts her tops.
      good luck!!

Comment

I was wondering the other day how it was going. Must be a pleasure working on such a lovely quilt

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Hi Karen, I am glad you are getting it done. I would do the same thing, tying off the ends rather than do a few tiny stitches and backstitching in place. It does look so much better all though it is a bit of a pain and takes a lot longer. I look forward to seeing the photos.

Comment

Thanks for updating us on your progress. Its such a lovely quilt. I am sure it is taking lots of time but it will be worth it in the end. Looking forward to the next progress report.

Comment

Look forward to photos of your progress, the last set of pictures showed beautiful quilting design. Thanks for the update!

Comment

It is funny Becka mentioning Kathy K Wylie she was just here last week to do a presentaion to our guild and two days of workshops. She did a trunk show and she said she has started using wool batting and stippling which makes the appliques stand out. Joan

Comment

Karen, I'm glad you're updating us on your progress- I was wondering how you were doing! On a "good" quilt, I tie off and bury all my ends. On the Ruffled Roses 2011 BOM, I too questioned my sanity. When it was finished, I was happy that I had done it that way. I hope you can post a picture one of these days, I'd love to see it.
                  kathy

Comment

I have been trying to post some pictures, but I seem to be inept tonight. Lets try again. I have three of the borders almost done and the middle quilted in one direction.

Karen

Comment

Karen, I think your quilt looks wonderful. I hope you are pleased, because I think you should be. I would be pleased. Looks like it is going quite well. Congratulations!

Comment

Karen - It's fabulous!

BarbCA

Comment

Lovely quilting Karen, I like that you are using designs in the background 8)

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Looking great Karen. Can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing more of it--it looks beautiful. I really like the red thread against the orange background!

Comment

It's done! YAY! Named Just Before Dawn, I have completed the quilting and would like to thank all of you that gave me ideas. I don't think I have ever done this much quilting on one quilt before.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X