[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Tips on how to piece batting.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know from experience that one should not iron on their cutting mat. But that was a few years ago, and I am/was just a newbie. ops:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

And NEVER leave your cutting board in a car... heat and sun can and will warp it! Even just standing it up in the car can bend it permanently. I always try to lay my cutting mat flat in the car and put it in last and take it out first when I am traveling...

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

............and never rest you mat on a cold radiator at a workshop :roll: ops:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

My batting has been successfully pieced. I was looking for an easier way to do the job. I had overlapped, cut a straight line and then did a cross-hatch stitch by hand in the past. It worked fine but I thought there might be an easier way. I found a "Fusible Batting Tape" by Dritz at JoAnn Fabrics and it worked great. It was easier and the results are more secure and stable than the previous method I used and the batting remains still quite soft. The product I used appears to be the same as the fusible tricot I used in dressmaking. The only difference is that it remains quit flat. If I couldn't find this product I was going to try the tricot but I had visions of the edges of it curling if I cut it in narrow strips. I'd use this product again and I recommend it. I pieced a nearly 2 yd cut. I think this was so much less time consuming than trying to butt edges and zigzaging. I would not hesitate to try the Zigzag method on a shorter lenghth. Lois

Comment

Hooray !

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Nancy

Comment

I've used the iron-on fusible tape and it works great. It leaves a smooth soft "seam" with no added bulk or thickness.

Comment

i zigzag the batting after cutting to the right size

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 147 users online. 0 members and 147 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X