No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Need advice for quilting kaleidoscope quilt!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, man! Karen, now I'm HUNGRY!! :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo--Your ideas would work but because I had to stretch the backing fabric I have the sashing and cornerstones all cut and the cross sashings joined. I will save your ideas for another Dresden Plate idea that is already formulating. That one will be much more feminine but it could be a few years down the road.

Comment

Hi,
        I don't know how I missed this conversation but I found it today.
        This is really great information. I am going to print this for future reference. It will be easier for me if I can read the step by step instructions.
        Again what a great help you all are - sharing your knowledge.

Also Margo - you are doing a great job on this site.

TQS IS THE BEST!!!!!!
        Nan

Comment

Thanks Nan! Post some photos with sketches if you can!

Comment

Margo, I just want to let you know that I have printed your instructions off too and will play with them another day. You ROCK!!!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

I use my snipping tool alot-lot-lot. Love it!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

I'm so glad that Capt'n John told me about the snipping tool!! I have used it a lot, too!!

Comment

Yes thank you Margo, I always learn something from you. I've been sick this week and have been on TQS alot so have learned alot.
                  And you think You're hungry?! I have had only protein powders and carrots or a small salad for a year and another year to go! Worth it though I keep telling myself when I drool over pictures of steak. Current total 150 lbs lost.

Patti

Comment

Good for you Patti! Here's to another successful year towards your goal!!

Comment

way to go patti - well done - thinking of you as i'm saying no to the stuff that seems so yummy but is just not good for me - think it does each and everyone of us good to know we're not alone :wink:

Comment

Yeah there's no neutral ground especially as I get older. My body has problems due to food, I have to bite the bullet (are ther carbs in bullets?) and obey.
                        I'm having a real struggle thinking about another year but if you're not going forward, you're going backward. I'm a real fan of coasting lol.
                        Wish I could figure out a way to do that.

Patti

Comment

I just found my snipping tool, fab, thanks Margo .

Comment

Followup on my initial request for quilting ideas:

I finished quilting my "kaleidoscope" quilt and thought you might like to see how I resolved my issues.

I should probably have mentioned that this is my name for the quilt, but not the pattern. The pattern is actually a variation on the spiderweb, with the blocks offset and not set in rows.

I decided to do relatively little quilting on it. The black "stars" between the kaleidoscopes are quilted simply. Each kaleidoscope, itself, is quilted around the edge, then with a swirling motion that does not go all the way to the center. If I had it to do over again, I would begin those swirls at the seam line and not in the middle of kaleidoscope, but, oh well. Too much to rip out now.

In the outer border, I used a leaf stencil I had, which filled the space nicely, although I don't know what leaves have to do with kaleidoscopes! ;-) )

Quilt top itself shown at see-quilts/quilt-gallery/

Quilting of individual kaleidoscopes shown at see-quilts/quilt-gallery/

(I wish I knew how to insert photos into these postings!)

BethMI

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up Beth! I'm sure you quilt will be well received!

For tips about posting photos in the TQS forum, check here: http://forum/forum-questions-and-sug...-the-tqs-forum

It's really easy!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 72 users online. 0 members and 72 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X