[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

What to do with a vintage embroidery piece

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just played with the photo so check again. I also edited to add a little more detail. I made that piece specifically to stay in the family. Currently, it is residing at my sister's house. She and I both have sons only that have no interest in the piece but we have a few nieces that will eventually be the owners.

Thanks, Margo. Making the piece was a real challenge. It was a healing piece for me and gave me closure, leaving me with happy memories.
    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
    working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
    Tired. 
    Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
    Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Agnes, that is gorgeous. I do think I have a few pieces of crocheted lace that my grandmother did, I will have to look and see about incorporating it as well. So many wonderful ideas! Thanks.
      Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
      Tired. 
      Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
      Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Agnes, that is just beautiful!! What a lovely tribute and heiroloom.

Originally posted by grannyagnes
        Lorchen--That is really gorgeous.

Here's what I did to showcase some of Mom's and Grandmother's work along with my quilting. As this was largely done as a tribute to my Mom I used colors that she gravitated to for the quilted parts. I also pinned on a few of her jewelery pieces.

I played with the photo. This should be easier to see the detail. The outer border was a strip of fabric, with mitered corners. Any crochet work was my Mom's, cross stitch was Grandmother's. The embroidery with the blue curved fabric was a runner on Grandmother's sewing machine. I thought it was necessary to incorporate it as she was the biggest influence in my fabric/fiber journey.
        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
        Tired. 

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 375 users online. 0 members and 375 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X