[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Sampler Quilts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made 12 quilt blocks using a scrappy jelly roll and block patterns from a jelly roll sampler quilt along. The jelly roll had all types of fabrics from traditional to modern. Each block that I made used matching fabrics from the jelly roll, but no two blocks matched. I decided to unify my blocks by using a medallion made of all of the fabrics from all of the blocks. I also added a scrappy border made of all of the fabrics from all of the blocks. You can see a photo of the quilt, taken before I put on the borders, at this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/nphinst...7624661919378/. It's now my husband's favorite quilt.

Taree NSW - Australia
    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Nancy, your quilt is wonderful!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
        Nancy, your quilt is wonderful!

Thanks so much Margo. Sorry for the late reply, my PC bit the dust with the dreaded blue screen, so I'm currently using my husband's laptop. I bought a new PC last night, but have yet to have time to set it up.

Since the photo of my jelly roll sampler quilt, I added a matching scrappy braided border on the top and bottom. I bought denim for the backing, as I plan to make this into a picnic quilt. This is a UFO that I've committed to completing for my quilt guild's UFO challenge to be displayed at our Quilt Expo in March. I'll post another photo when it's finished.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
          I'm working on one right now! The blocks are all wonderful friendship gifts from special friends and I'm using extra green fabrics that were sent with the blocks to set them all together. It's a real puzzle, but I'm enjoying the challenge. This is what I have so far:

You are sew creative.

Coast of South Carolina USA
          Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 86 users online. 0 members and 86 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X