[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Koala sewing cabinet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the ones with the centred sewing machine spaces are meant for you to put your serger on the right.

Whatever you get, you'll LOVE having your machine bed flush with the tabletop.

in Vancouver, Canada

Comment

I just bought the Koala Quiltmate Plus IV with 6" height adjustment - with the machine to the right. My girlfriend then went to look at them at our LQS and like the table with the machine in the middle - Quiltmate Pro IV. My rationale for the table I go was that I wanted a large working space to the left for machine quilting or to cut or iron. The beginnings of a quilt are the small pieces and felt I could better use the space on the left. My girlfriend's rationale was that she wanted extra drawers and the space to right of the machine. She can also use the left side arm table to come up next to her to help with the machine quilting. I'm VERY happy with my table. It's a beautiful piece of furniture AND you can hide ALL sorts of things under the Outback leaf! Another plus is the CHAIR! Very comfortable and can go up and down. I didn't think I needed one but it was included in my deal.

Have you made a decision yet?

Comment

I went with the quiltmate pro iv with the machine to the right! Love it! Also chair came with my deal too...... :-)

Comment

Great!

Comment

Originally posted by Steven613
            Does anyone have any advice about the Koala sewing cabinet? I'm thinking of investing in one, but wanted to get some feedback from those who might have one, or who have found something that works just as well in their sewing room. For instance, there are two models with Koala, in one, the sewing machine is all the way to the right with plenty of table space on the left of the machine. In their second model, the sewing machine is set in the center of the table. I understand that if the machine is all the way to the right you'd have more room for your quilt on the left....so why would anyone want the sewing machine in the center? There must be something I'm missing! Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
            Steven

Steven,

I have a Koala cabinet and I really do like it. The only problem is that I bought it before I started quilting and I didn't get the one that had the full extension that opened up so you could quilt. I only purchased it for sewing and embroidery, so my extension just opens up right behind the machine (which is to the right) and my DH had to come up with an additional extension that I could clamp on when I'm quilting. That works OK, but it's not as good as it could have been had I purchased the actual 'quilting cabinet'. I purchased mine from Nancy's Notions and was able to get a really good deal because they offer various studio packages. My came with the table, the ergonomic chair and the cutting table that has drawers and flaps that open to expand the table. They delivered it and set it up at no additional cost. There was no shipping charge of state taxes. I don't think they show their 'studio' options on their website, but if you call they will let you know what's available. I did a LOT of research and that was definitely the best pricewise for what I got.

Debbie

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

Okay, you've all talked me into it! I'm new on the board here and only have the Janome sewing table/stand that came with my machine. Not easy to work with even when only sewing on borders. I have been wanting a cutting table but I guess I should invest in the whole shebang instead. Will have to do some looking and thinking. Thank you all for your advice.

Kathy

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

You'll be thrilled with the table.

I sent my girlfriend a pic of my table with my sewing machine on the right and pressing board on the left side to show her why I wanted the sewing machine all the way to the right. With the 6" height adjustment it is so comfortable pressing and cutting standing up that I had my husband buy four cinder blocks to elevate my BIG pressing board (I made three a la Sharon Schamber) to the same height as my sewing table. Now I have to make cinder block "cozies".

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 76 users online. 0 members and 76 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X