[vb_main_1]

Unsubscribe to a topic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsubscribe to a topic

trying to unsubscribe to a topic, getting too many emails.....there is no button for it....? I have clicked the subscribe button, then it changes to unsubscribe, click it again, no workie.

If you go to your profile you can change the settings for notifications. Not sure it works though :S

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the unsubscribe button not working. I know what you mean about all the emails filling up your in box. If when you are writing a post at the bottom of the box, but above the Submit button there is a Subscribe and check this box to be notified of replies to this topic click on this before you submit and that should take you off the subscription list for that topic. Hope you manage to sort it out, otherwise contact Tribblemom, who trawls the forum looking for problems to solve.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I enjoy reading the forum. I have unsubscribed to all the forum threads, as my email inbox was getting inundated.
        I have found that each time I submit a comment to a thread, that the website resets my "Unsubscribe" status to "Subscribe."
        I have to reset it to "Unsubscribe" after every post. However, this does work - unless I forget to reset it!

Comment

and if you forget to do it, it's very easy to click the unsubscribe button next time you come to the forum

living in Central Denmark
          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

It would have been better if we had the choice to subscribe rather than unsubscribe............does this make sense?
            Anne

Comment

Once you click "Unsubscribe", it would be great if it stayed "Unsubscribed" whether you submitted a new comment or not.
              This would help an old lady like me whose memory is not so good anymore.
              Not complaining. Just wishing.

Judith

Comment

I went into Profile>Preferences>Email & Notifications and cleared all email check-boxes. hopefully that will work. :unsure: :huh: :silly:

Comment

Judith...that's like me wanting to stay logged in when it says "remember me" ! :S :evil:

Comment

well, that didn't work. :-[

Comment

I looked at the email stuff on the profile once and found that I couldn't tell from the descriptions which flag would change the status for the forums (or anything else). So I just got myself into the habit of unchecking the box. They had the same problem on the old site where I was often getting accidentally subscribed to the different topics and would have to figure out how to turn that off, so this really isn't a new problem. At least having the check mark big and right by the submit button makes it easy for me to remember it.

Comment

Kathy,
                        I thought I had clicked all the "Unsubscribed" buttons yesterday, but I must have forgotten some, because this morning when I checked my emails, I had 22 new emails from the TQS forum.
                        I enjoy reading the new comments in the Forum, but I would rather they not fill up my email.

I don't want to stop ALL email from TQS. For instance, I enjoy reading the TQS newsletter.
                        I really wish when I click the "Unsubscribe" button in the Forum, that it would stay "Unsubscribed."
                        Is there a way in the Profile to stop just the Forum emails only?

Thank you for your help,
                        Judith

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X