[vb_main_1]

Too Many Emails

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Many Emails

Despite following instructions and eliminating email notifications under my preferences, I continue to receive a horde of emails from the Forum. And, yes, I remembered to save the changes. Multiple times. This is beyond frustrating. What is the problem?

Originally posted by "adamsme" post=148443
    Despite following instructions and eliminating email notifications under my preferences, I continue to receive a horde of emails from the Forum. And, yes, I remembered to save the changes. Multiple times. This is beyond frustrating. What is the problem?
    Hi! I was just drafting a message with the same concern. I'm pretty sure this is something the site management team could help us with if we can get a message to them. As a work around in the interim, I've created a filter in my email program (most email programs have such a feature) and told it to delete the messages. Perhaps you could give that a try.

CS

Comment

I am testing this by selecting Unsubsribe at the top of this Topic. Please post here again, this same Topic, in about a half hour. I want to see if I still get an email about that new post.

First, I will uncheck the box just below this text box that says Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic.

Thank you.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

If you are waiting to see if you get a post after Unsubscribing I am giving you a test email by this post. And, I too appreciate all the work you do to keep this forum running
        smoothly. Knowing you are spending most of your time on secret sewing, I bet you are exhausted. It is fun to see so many quilters doing this Mystery quilt.
        Helen

Comment

HelenW made a post to this Topic and I DID NOT get an email to link to it. Yeah!

So, when you post on any Topic, be sure to Uncheck the box right below the text box that says "Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic."

That should do it.

Adamsme, did you select Unsubscribe at the top of this Topic? If you did that, are you still getting emails about the replies to this Topic? If you selected Unsubscribe here, you should not get an email telling you about this post.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Thank you, Barbara. I think that did the trick.

Comment

You may want to contact the authors of the software. There may be a setting where subscribe is not checked by default, if there is not maybe there should be.

Comment

How do you unsubscribes from the emails. It's crazy

Comment

Originally posted by "Touli" post=148525
                  How do you unsubscribes from the emails. It's crazy
                  Each email tells you: Click the Unsubscribe button, right up there at the top of the page.

If you make a post, and don't want to see replies to the Topic, be sure to Uncheck the box before you post.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 63 users online. 0 members and 63 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X