[vb_main_1]

Can't approve friends

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't approve friends

I've gotten a couple of friend requests in the past day or two, but I can't approve them . Can someone explain what I need to do?

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Eileen, go to your Profile. On the top menu bar, there are some icons. One of them looks like a little person. Click it & you will be prompted to approve a friend invite. This icon is next to the Notifications icon (the little earth) that isn't working.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Nope. It won't work. I click approve and nothing happens. :angry:

Comment

If you leave the site & go back in later, the friends will be there. It seems like nothing happens, but it does.

Comment

Eileen if you click on the person icon you get a drop down that tells you how many people want to friend you.....I found that if you double click on approve it goes through straight away.
          Let us know if this works for you
          Anne

Comment

Okay, it worked this time! Thank you!

Comment

I still cannot get the friend approval to work. I have a 6 in the blues box, but everything I try just says I have none to approve. Hope no one thinks I am snubbing them. Janet

I would never turn down a friend!

Comment

Originally posted by "jansk44" post=124494
                I still cannot get the friend approval to work. I have a 6 in the blues box, but everything I try just says I have none to approve. Hope no one thinks I am snubbing them. Janet

I would never turn down a friend!
                Janet, I have the same problem and have given up on the whole "friend" thing for now. Nice of people to want to be my friend but I guess I consider all TQS members to be my friends although that is probably presumptious but until TQS get the website's socks sorted into pairs I have given up even trying anything other than the forum and the shows. I tried posting a photo to my gallery the other day and got an error message and was thrown out. Had to log in again to continue on the site.
                Marianne

Comment

Marianne, When you go onto your profile and click on the friend icon it says approve....I found it works if you double click on the approve. It worked for me hope it works for you.
                  Anne

Comment

OK, the friend thing worked.if the number is connected to the person,they have requested to be a friend.
                    Now there is a 9 by the blue box, can't figure that out. If I tap on it a blank box appears. Janet

Comment

Sue tried to send a private message, not sure it worked.
                      The blue box containing the number is on top of the globe icon.
                      Signing off now, need to shop for dinner. Janet

Comment

Originally posted by "anne1" post=124537
                        Marianne, When you go onto your profile and click on the friend icon it says approve....I found it works if you double click on the approve. It worked for me hope it works for you.
                        Anne
                        Thank you, Anne - I will give that a go next time somebody tries to befriend me. When I went back this morning there aren't any now so maybe there was a blip when I was logged in the other day :sick: It is all so variable from day to day. Maybe it is worth leaving the whole site be for a while - I guess there are people behind the scenes who will have their holidays ruined having to work on this while it is quiet. Wish they would have asked for input before making all the unnecessary changes that has come in and that people really do not want..
                        Marianne

Comment

How do you ask someone to be a friend? I went to Marriannes page, but don't know what to do.
                          Janet

Comment

Go to Marianne's profile. On the left side of the cover picture is a blue rectangular box that says Add Friend. A box will pop up that says something to the effect that your message will be sent. You can also add to this message with your own personal greeting.

Marianne will get an indication in her profile by seeing a number above her person icon, and a notification by email, of your invitation. When she approves, the whole world will know it because it will be announced on the TQS Community Wall.

Comment

Additionally, want to see who you've invited and who has not responded? Go to your own Profile and click on Friends, you will have a menu bar to view various parts of your friends activities which includes Invites sent, or some such.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X