Trying to find a show

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find a show

Hello,
    I am trying to find a show where one of the guests used home dec/upholstery fabric in her quilts. She talked about her process. I have searched with o success.
    I forgot to write down the name of the guest/show number. I have so many upholstery fabric samples that I bought when a local furniture store went out of business.
    I'd like to start using these samples.

Does anyone know which show this was? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hello Helen, I don't recall the show you are talking about but I made a Cal King bedspread out of home dec heavy fabric. I used half inch seams instead of the
    traditional 1/4 inch for quilts. It is really heavy. Just thinking about it in general, I would find a pattern where are are very few intersections with lots of seams. Square or rectangles might be a good option.
    The bulk is really thick. Fewer the pieces the better. Are they the samples that are in the books? If so one quilter who is an upholstery person said they have some
    kind of process done to them it that would be a mess if washed. So you might want to do a sample and see what happens. Because the bedspread I made was in 3 panels
    and super heavy I used steam a seam 1/4 in. fusible to hold the seams together before stitching. That would prevent you from pressing seams open. Another option
    would be to make quilted tote bags or table runners. The next TQS show is on rugs using home dec fabric. Maybe you could do that. HelenW

Comment

I believe the show you are looking for is 2512 with Tami Pfiel. She is the same person who talked about using dec fabric for floor mats in the current show.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 68 users online. 0 members and 68 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X