[vb_main_1]

Sharon Schamber and Tom Russell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharon Schamber and Tom Russell

I just finished watching this show and, frankly, I think this is the best one yet. The story of Sharon and Tom's love and friendship is so inspirational...Tom and his contributions will truly be missed by the quilting community.
    From the perspective of skills, I just learned more in this hour that I know I will use in my quilts. Step one is to make a shoe for my iron since I do starch and fuse in most of my quilts. I am currently working on a design for an applique quilt and Sharon's technique for using double-sided tape and freezer paper looks like a winner to me.
    Thanks ARJJ for putting this show together.

I also just finished watching, Robin and I thought the same thing. This show was so filled with skills, ideas and feeling.
    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

What a wonderful show, definitely one I will watch over and over. Of course, needed a bunch of tissues. Great tips and techniques. RIP Tom, you will be missed.

Comment

All TQS members MUST watch this show!!!

Too many reasons to put into words. Very special show. Well done TQS!

Clara

Comment

Excellent show. The very best.

If Sharon ever comes to a guild near you be sure to go see her. She IS sassy and funny and real. The best guild meeting I've ever been to and the best TQS show I've ever watched.

Comment

I was so moved by this show and so saddened by the news of Tom Russell's death a few weeks ago. What an extraordinary story and friendship! Thanks for sharing their story with us.

The iron sleeve and the techniques shown by Sharon were wonderful too and I will be trying everything out for sure.

Comment

I too, thought the show was wonderful. Sharon is an amazing person and her friendship with Tom was so blessed.
              I think I bought an iron cover from BoNash at one of the shows several years ago. I will have to hunt for it and put it on my iron.
              RIP Tom.

Comment

What a wonderful show. I agree that it's one of the best of TQS. Two remarkable people who's paths crossed and made such a difference in each other's lives (and quilter's lives too.). I've learned a lot and will be trying her techniques in my own quilts. Thank you TQS so very much.

Comment

What an amazing show! The connection between Sharon and Tom was beautiful, complex and nearly beyond comprehension. Because of that, I really would like to find a way to reach out to Sharon in her grief. I can only imagine her grief must be equally as intense as the friendship had been. Hopefully, her creativity will provide a place for the healing she must need. And the skills presented, I will watch that over again and again. Just like the rest of you.

The email addresses listed on her webcite are for her daughter and for Tom. I think reaching out with words might only be stressful for her. What a complex person she is.

Comment

Just finished watching the show. I agree with everyone, it is one of the best show. Inspiring story, and great technique. If I have the opportunity to attend a seminar with Sharon Schamber, I will not miss this. I really enjoy raw edge appliqué, I have to try this technique.

Andrée

Comment

Simply BEAUTIFUL...

Comment

I too watched the show and was deeply moved by it. It was beautiful, uplifting and unbelievably heart-breaking. I cried through most of the show, for the tragic loss of Tom, for the pain his dear friend Sharon and family and friends will feel, and for our loss. I cried for the joy, love, care and compassion Sharron brought to Tom's life and the great friendship they shared. This show is without doubt the best I have seen and Sharon was marvellous, her techniques and generosity never fail to astound me. It is a show I will watch again and again, it really defined what it means to be human. Like Lois I would like to reach out to Sharon in her grief and can only let her know that I send my love. I love being a member of TQS but I want to thank all at TQS for this magnificent memorial to Tom.
                        Pam

Comment

Wow that was such a special show and precious people. I hope Sharon can sense all our support for her.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Me too Wendy.
                            Pam

Comment

Amazing show. How lucky I feel to be able to watch Tom and Sharon and in a small way "be in their circle."

Thank you TQS.

Geneva
                              Geneva

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 162 at 11:28 PM on 05-25-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X