[vb_main_1]

Rosa Rojas Applique Class

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosa Rojas Applique Class

I would like to know what material Rosa Rojas used to fuse onto her fabric for her applique pieces. It appears to be a fusible interfacing, or is it a product much lighter like 'Steam a Seam' for example? Does it matter to have something a bit more substantial or is it a matter of preference? Thank you.

It is her product sold on her website.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

DebbiG, Kathy McNeil, well known for using the Appliquick products on her show winning quilts, also sell the products on her website. It is a light weight fusible stabilizer.
      I took a screenshot of what I think you are looking for. HelenW

Comment

Hello Helen W. Thanks for this reference. I guess I'm not sure if 'stabilizer' is different than 'interfacing. I'm guessing any lightweight interfacing would work. Trial and error will tell me. Thanks for your input. Enjoy the day!

Comment

DebbieG -

You want to use something that has enough stiffness to stay flat while you turn your edges, but is thin enough to not add stiffness to the final quilt. I would think that a lightweight interfacing, at least the ones that I use, would not be stiff enough for this. The specialty stabilizers designed for this purpose often will wash away or mostly wash away, so you get the stiffness you need for turning the edges, but the softness that you want after finishing the quilt. So you might want to add a washing or soaking step to your tests to see what your final results will be like.

Let us know what you find out!

Nancy

Comment

Hi Nancy,
            Thanks for your input on my fusible question. I ordered from Kathy McNeil's website as suggested by Helen W. She also has a great teaching video on the use of Appliquick tools. Good detail for some of the other questions I had. I love that the Quilt Show offers us exposure to so many great talents!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 56 users online. 0 members and 56 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X