[vb_main_1]

Help! Can not login

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Can not login

TQS doesn't recognize my e-mail. I have a subscription and wanted to continue watching the shows but I can not login. I get the message Login failed and when I try to retrieve my password it says that it is an unknown e-mail. I made a new account with the same name, password and e-mail and that was possible. So somehow my account must have been deleted or something.

Anybody had the same problem?

How did my profile photo get here in the post above?

Comment

My profile picture is shown on the original post (patty4you85) when I opened it up, and your profile picture below it, idaho. What is happening here?? And if you can't log in, how did you post on the forum?

Comment

Same here. I see my picture as if it were my post.

Comment

Don't know what that is all about ! Weird! Whoever that person is she is having a problem ! Maybe be it will go away after while :blink: :evil:

Comment

We had a major system error last night that eliminated all members. We had to reinstall everyone, and it took all night. There are still some residual problems with blocked IP addresses, but most everyone should be able to sign in again. Please send IP blocks and other problems to me at thequiltshow@gmail.com

I will work with the webmasters to get everyone back on.

I don't get the picture problem either. My picture came up when I visited this page too.

John
            Livermore, California, USA near San Francisco

Comment

Not sure what's going on, but that is my picture with someone's else's message. I have not had a problem logging in this time, did several weeks ago!!!

Comment

I too had trouble yesterday 6th and never got a reply from support. Glad to see it has been sorted this morning when I tried again. A note on the Daily Blog would be nice when these things happens especially for people who are in other time zones - TQS is an international community (supposedly) and accessing the forum was not possible yesterday either

Marianne

Comment

I'm one of the people whose IP address was blocked and I'm just back in now. It would have been nice to have an email from TQS indicating what was going on and what to do if I'm one of the people having a problem. Since my IP address was blocked, I had no way of knowing what was going on and whether the problem was at the point of my internet provider or on TQS's end. And I didn't know who to contact to fix it -- you can't get to the support button if you're blocked from the Web site. Luckily, I have TQS friends who I talk to outside of the web site so one of them, who was able to regain access to the site, let me know what was going on and how to contact TQS to get my problem fixed. Otherwise, I would still be in the dark. I realize that that's a difficult email to send out because it makes you look bad, but you look a lot worse when you have paying customers who can't access the Web site and don't have another way to let you know that there's a problem.

Comment

I too, was unable to log in a few weeks ago. Like Nancy, I know some people who could help. But, that is a big gulp when you cannot log in to say "I cannot log in!" I am pretty sure that even if you cannot log in, you can still read the forum, just not comment.

So, here is a tip that helped me. I changed servers! I mainly do my emails, TQS, searches, etc., on my iPad, through Yahoo. I am now having trouble completing surveys, orders, entries and such with Yahoo, so have gone to Google for a higher rate of success. This morning I could not get into TQS through Yahoo, but here I am now, by going through Google. This worked for me, so hopefully, if another TQS member who cannot get into the site (and does not "know" someone who can help them) reads this, they will have success with a different server.

Dawn

Comment

Hi Dawn -

The bigger problem that I was having was that after trying to log in several times and being rejected, TQS put a block on my IP address so I couldn't use the site at all -- no forum, no logos, no access to "contact us", just a text message at the top of the page that said my IP address was blocked for suspicious activity when I tried to go to TQS. I think that if I would have gone to town and tried another network after they fixed the original problem that I could have gotten in, but I don't go to town very often so that would have kept me blocked until Friday. I wonder how many people are out there that had that happen to them, but don't have offline TQS friends so have no idea that the site is back up or anything. That's where I would be right now and why I think that TQS should send out an email acknowledging the problem and telling people how to contact them. That's the only way that someone in that position will be able to get back on the site.

Comment

Geez, Nancy! What a nightmare! For TQS members AND for TQS. Yup, I think a mass email to all members, with a contact outside of TQS, would be a good thing! I'm sure they have their hands full today. And, National Quilt Day is coming up. Everyone will want to enter for the prizes!!! And, can't if they can't get to TQS or log in once there. :angry:

Dawn

Comment

Scoopie, I have no idea what you are talking about when you say go through Yahoo or Google. I put the web address into the browser and log in. I even tried changing browser the other day thinking it could have been a browser issue but like rehak said it was impossible after a couple of tries to do anything. I managed before I was blocked to send a message to support but as usual didn't get a reply.
                          Re National Quilt Day - whenever TQs open up all the shows to non-members I stay well clear of the web site and as for entering for prices that is something you either have to sell your grandmother to enter or it is impossible to get through to the site to do anyway so I am not bothered about that but I am bothered about no being able to access what I have paid for and blocking IP addresses is something they need to sort out rather than being caught up in offering freebies.

M

Comment

Marianne, forgive me if what I said was confusing! I am 73, and have never been out in the work force where computers were involved. I was the room mom, soccer mom, car pool mom, and general all around available mom for anything the working moms needed. So.......I'm learning that what I should have said was "I changed BROWSERS and was finally allowed to log in." (I have not had the blocked IP problem, so cannot address that.) As I said, I work from my iPad. I tap Safari and it automatically uses Yahoo. So, I now tap my Google app instead, to type in The Quilt Show. My techi lingo is limited, but I manage.

TQS has always been fair with everyone. This is their bread and butter. I think it is a little early to start complaining about not having access to what we have paid for. At $45 a year, if they are down for a week or two to correctly fix a problem we are only out a couple of bucks. I'm sure they are working day and night to fix the problem. We need to be patient. Yes, it is inconvenient for some of us, especially if we wanted to look at a particular show to see how a particular process or technique was done. But, right now I would be a little patient and give them some slack. As a charter member, I have found TQS to have been more than faithful to their members for the past 10 years!

Comment

Thanks for trying to explain how you access TQS Scoopie. I have never used any Mac products and don't use tablet computers either so it is a completely closed world to me. I just thought there was a trick to be learnt in case the problem arises again.
                              I am sorry that you feel I am hard on TQS over this blip but the lack of communication with the members has to me been unacceptable. We all have different income so what to some is not much money to others having a TQS membership means not less fabric or thread.
                              As I am obviously making other members unhappy by posting in the forum I will now close out of the topic .
                              M

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X