[vb_main_1]

Login headache

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login headache

Don't know if this is the proper topic spot but....I sure am tired of logging in every time I come on !! sent a note to
    tec service...for what that is worth ! RRRRRrrrrr!

I have this problem on my tablet & I couldn't agree more, even if I just pause it for 5 min, I have too log back in! Ridiculous!

Comment

My tablet is the same...tried to change that but haven't been able to achieve it. On the PC it is intermittent.. I have
      several days of no log in at all, then 10 log ins in a row like these last few days ! RRRRrrrr :evil:

Comment

Marilyn,
        I have the same problem on my laptop...I have to log in every time, what is the point of having a (remember me) buttonif it doesn't work :angry:
        Anne

Comment

Anne and Marilyn and all on this topic, I have the same problem on my laptop. When I use my ipad the log in works. Anne have you started quilting your 2014 BOM (I know I'm off topic) I'm following Janet's quilting design and it looks as good on the backing fabric; which is plain; as it does from the front. I dreaded starting the quilting on this quilt but I'm really enjoying it.
          Best Wishes Pam

Comment

Anne, I forgot to ask if you are doing the 2015 BOM?
            Best Wishes Pam

Comment

Hi Pam, No I haven't started the quilting yet but hope to do so this week. How wide are you doing the cross hatching? I thought about 3/4 inch, I don't know what spacing Janet used.
              No I'm not doing the 2015 BOM as I am not making any more big quilts......from now on it will be wall hangings, mug rugs, table mats and handbags.....a girl can never have too many bags.
              Hope you have a good week and good weather but not too hot.
              Hugs
              Anne

Comment

Hi Anne, I think 3/4" to 1" would be better than the 1/2" that I have quilted mine at. The 1/2" grid looks good but it is making the quilt very stiff, I had done too much quilting to unpick it, I wish that I had quilted the crosshatch at 1". I'm not sure what measurement Janet used for her cross hatch, but it is nice to quilt with lots of variety of patterns in the quilting. I'm not doing the 2015 quilt, I really struggle with basting large quilts and just the size in general. A a couple of years ago I made a Lynette Anderson "Friends for Christmas" quilt and the 2015 BOM motifs looked too similar :whistle: . My Grandson has the "Friends for Christmas" quilt, I had literally put the last stitch on the binding and laid it on the floor to admire, when he walked in and said, "Mama, is that my quilt finished - Can I take it home tonight?" Out of all the quilts I have made I have only 2 quilts in my house. My Grandchildren are all asking who will get the ABC quilt when it is finished, and if I cannot decide who gets it can they have a raffle for it! This also includes the 17 year old. Like you say you can never have enough bags. The weather with the exception of a couple of nice days last week has been cool and wet I'm praying for sunshine. Speak to you soon
                Best Wishes Pam

Comment

I've sent an email to webmaster Bob to see what he says about your log in complaints. Will report back when I hear from him.

Kathy

Comment

Basically, if someone’s web browser is not retaining their login session (unless there is no activity within 2 hours), it possibly indicates an issue with their system/browser somewhere that conflicts with retaining standard PHP sessions. Each computer setup is different and can take a lot of time trying to diagnose all the variations, browser plug-ins and add-ons, versions, anti-virus programs running, bad internet connections, IP Pooling issues (where the IP address constantly changes), Satellite internet connections with “power boosters” that cause problems, having multiple windows/tabs opened using the same browser and possibly logging out of one window/tab not realizing it affects the other windows/tab sessions as well. There are more possibilities but ...

I’ve been working on thequiltshow.com since 2007 and am constantly logged in almost every day with multiple browsers and tabs, testing on iPad, tablets, iPhone, 2 different computers with various versions of Windows. In that time span I never loose my login session or am automatically logged out, unless there is no activity for 2 hours. This simply means that there is nothing on my 5 computers/devices that are causing that problem.

First thing I would absolutely make sure that my web browser is allowing cookies to be set. I have had maybe a half dozen members over the past year report they could not login with their iPad and when they checked, the Safari settings were not allowing cookies to be set. However, if a web browser is not allowing cookies, then theoretically there should never a successful login to begin with, but many people may not notice and think they are logged in until they try to do something that requires a login, like post in the forum or watch a show. I has appeared to me over the years looking at security logs, that some people successfully login, browse around a dozen or so pages then are no longer logged in but never when through the logout process. It’s a mystery to me.

The other thing that one can try, is to use a different web browser and/of completely uninstall the web browser, reboot, then reinstall it from scratch so to ensure a clean version of the browser is being used. Some people have installed plug-ins and/or add-ons (with or without knowing it) that have conflicted with their ability to watch our videos. Once the plug-in/add-on was removed, then they could watch our video again. So, I suppose it’s possible that people having issues retaining their login session may also have conflicting things added into their browser. A great test for this is to reinstall the browser.

It’s also possible that there is a bug/conflict in the website software somewhere that is like trying to find a needle in the haystack.

You can know if you’re logged in when you see your username in the top login button (ie: Logout: username)

Unfortunately, I don’t know a simple answer that applies to everyone in this situation.

Bob Bigelow
                    Tech Support

Comment

I don't know even half of what you are talking about ( I can just about switch the laptop on). All I know is that I used to be able to log in with just one click and suddenly I couldn't and no matter how many times I click "remember me " it doesn't!
                      Anne

Comment

Originally posted by "anne1" post=130962
                        I don't know even half of what you are talking about ( I can just about switch the laptop on). All I know is that I used to be able to log in with just one click and suddenly I couldn't and no matter how many times I click "remember me " it doesn't!
                        Anne
                        I know, sometimes I don't even know half of what I'm talking about B)

The issue of a web browser not remembering a login name is different than loosing a login session. Remembering the login name is a function of your web browser, it has the ability to either remember the username and/or your password or not. Those settings are for each individual browser. You can try clearing all your cookies, form information... Basically, just clear everything and that may trigger your browser remembering again.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 30 users online. 0 members and 30 guests.

Most users ever online was 162 at 11:28 PM on 05-25-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X