[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Where are the blogs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Terry love the bridge over the river!
    Barb

Comment

Thanks, Barb! This quilt has been such a process!!!! It is exciting for me to see some progress!

Comment

I've a new post on my blog. I've been keeping up with a couple BOM mysteries. Keeping up is unusual for me! You can read it here.

Comment

I've been quilting the black backgrounds on my hexagon block of the month. Come visit!
          http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/04/six-dark-background-blocks-quilted.html

Here is a sneak peak of one of the blocks:

Remember, I love comments!

Comment

Terry, lovely quilting! All so different and special to each block.

I do machine quilting grids with my walking foot. The walking foot has various measurements from the needle, so I can do all sorts of widths. It also has an attachment that allows for wider spaces. I find my work is accurate using these guidelines instead of chalking everything out. I usually start with one chalk line to get started, or even a seam line, then use the measurement guides on the walking foot. Clean and easy!

Take care, geneva
            Geneva

Comment

Terry, that's wonderful! Cheers.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Geneva, I think walking foot quilting has lots of possibilities and merit. I was surprised to learn that Sherry Reynolds quilts using a walking foot when her walking foot broke for her older Bernina. I sometimes use my dual feed for straight stitch and gently curve quilting. Cheers.

Comment

I know I have been missing around here lately. I've done some checking in here and there, but have gotten behind. I have been quilting a new show quilt that I hope to finish and get photographed in time to try to get it into AQS Chattanooga (29 April deadline). I finished the quilting day before yesterday, got it blocked and marked square yesterday, and I still have to make the binding and put it on. But it looks like I am going to make the deadline. Here's my latest blog about this quilt. http://www.blog.bjfabricartist.com/2016/04/thread-colors-make-magic/ I have written a few others along the way. Hope everyone is well and happily quilting. Cheers, BJ

Comment

Betty Jo,
                    Your quilt is wonderful! All the thread colors make it sing. Sorry you had issues getting it perfectly square but for us out here cheering you on it gives us hope that our quilts can be made square with careful work.

Lovely piece. I'm sure it will win in Des Moines!

Geneva
                    Geneva

Comment

Thank you Geneva! The photo is just the center of the quilt. I'll show the whole quilt after it's bound and photographed (my oldest son does my quilt photos...he's super). Yes, one can usually get a quilt flat and square with some work...blocking, tugging, steaming, pinning, fussing, screaming, remarking. I used to cut it square, but now I mark it square first, put the binding on the front ready to turn and stitch down in the back, and then cut it, being particularly careful NOT to cut the corners of the binding itself (and yes, I've done that...ich). I started doing that after I took Susan Cleveland's Craftsy class on "How to Bind a Quilt". She's fantastic.

Comment

Geneva, I'm glad the walking foot works so well for you! I have yet to become too attached to it! I'm trying again though!
                        Betty Jo, your quilt background is amazing! I hope I get to see your quilt in person!!!
                        Terry

Comment

Wow the clouds are great but that boat is amazing

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Thanks Terry and Wendy. I have had so much fun finishing this quilt after nearly giving up on it at least twice.

Comment

Betty Jo, the quilt is amazing. I hope you enter it in more shows because I would love to see it up close. You do such beautiful work. I am sure it will be a prize winner. It makes me want go go find some ship pictures. I did think of making a quilt with the ships my ancestors immigrated on, but so far have only found the names of 3. I know there are several more. It is hard to find a drawing of the actual ships. I will probably never get to making it, but I will try to remember your methods of making the ship come to life.

Comment

We are closing this topic because it is old and has moved off topic.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 75 users online. 0 members and 75 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X