[vb_main_1]

Unable to add a member blogpost

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add a member blogpost

I am unable to add a member blogpost. Once the title and body text is added, I click on the UPDATE button. Then my body text disappears and I get an error that says I must add body text. I had this problem several months ago and after multiple tries I just got very frustrated and gave up. Obviously some others are not having this problem, but I don't know what would have changed from when I was last successful adding a blogpost. I thought that whatever the problem was, that it would be fixed by now, but obviously it isn't.

Am I the only one having this issue? Any suggestions as to the cause of this problem?

I know that I can leave a message on Contact Us, but I hope I'll get a quicker answer here.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

I will send your question on to Webguru Bob. Sorry for the trouble.
    Livermore, California, USA near San Francisco

Comment

Thanks Capt'n,

I just read that soon changes may be made to the Member Blogs, so this might not be an issue going forward.

Comment

You are not the only one. If you are not using google chrome to post, try again using google. When my DH got me a new computer it had Internet explorer and I had months of posting only to lose it. Then I email Bob and found out I needed to try the above. Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ritzy
          You are not the only one. If you are not using google chrome to post, try again using google. When my DH got me a new computer it had Internet explorer and I had months of posting only to lose it. Then I email Bob and found out I needed to try the above. Hope it helps.
          Funny you should mention Google Chrome. Just today, I had to download an update to Adobe Acrobat which with it Google Chrome tried to replace Internet Explorer as my default browser. However, I disallowed it, as I prefer to use IE--actually it's IE with my AT&T Yahoo skin.

I suppose I could use Chrome on the rare occasions that I want to post a blog. I'll let you know if that solves my problem.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Don't know if this will help, but I was having similar problems on Craftsy last week. Since I don't do a blog on TQS, I can't speak to that. Craftsy suggested going to Google Chrome or Firefox (which I did not want to do, but I think I've seen Bob recommend that to a few folks here too). It turns out, in my case, I found a service patch for Internet Explorer that was not available when I bought my computer, so I added that and then upgraded from IE9 to IE10 and now all my functions are working fine. I offer this as perhaps another option to try, if all else fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
              Don't know if this will help, but I was having similar problems on Craftsy last week. Since I don't do a blog on TQS, I can't speak to that. Craftsy suggested going to Google Chrome or Firefox (which I did not want to do, but I think I've seen Bob recommend that to a few folks here too). It turns out, in my case, I found a service patch for Internet Explorer that was not available when I bought my computer, so I added that and then upgraded from IE9 to IE10 and now all my functions are working fine. I offer this as perhaps another option to try, if all else fails.
              Hi Renata,

I was just able to successfully add a blog post using Google Chrome, but like you, I do not want to use it as my default browser. So, I am going to try your solution.

If several people were having this problem, I don't understand why we were not all notified. I've wasted a lot of time trying to add a blog post.

Many thanks to you and Ritzy!!!

Comment

I don't begin to understand how all this works, but I use Google Chrome as my browser and have not had any issues posting on the forum, but I haven't tried to post a blog in a while. The thing I have an issue with is that for some reason I can no longer view a SmileBox in Google Chrome. In order to see those, I switch to IE and it works fine.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if it all worked the way we want it to, without jumping through hoops??? :roll:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Nancy, I did not even want to load Firefox or Google Chrome, and in fact, I did not. I stayed with IE only all along. In the process of upgrading to IE 10, it would not allow me to load it until I added the patch, which it readily led me to. With that, I was able to regain all the capabilities Craftsy's system offers. Oddly, not having the upgraded IE never became an issue for me with viewing shows on TQS, despite all the problems others are experiencing here, and again, I don't know about the blog. Ironically, I only had a problem with Craftsy, but now that's solved too! I really do hope it helps, but, like Margo said, wouldn't it be nice... :wink:

Comment

It's really strange how things work .. or not. I'm using Chrome and had a problem with the Smilebox in a very short period of time. I think it was solved by itself and not by something I did

living in Central Denmark
                    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

I think the key is to keep whichever browser you prefer up to date. Some of them update automatically, sometimes they tell you when an update is available, but very often we just just have to search ourselves. With the many new features, programs and whatnot coming out in the cyber world every week, it's impossible for anyone to be up to date at any time. Very often an update or bug-fix inadvertently creates a problem in something that has worked encore. Finding the problems and fixing them takes time, and often creates new problems.

The cyber world is fantastic, but also contains as many options, tools and enigmas as the universe. Thinking of that, I'm generally happy that the phone actually lets me phone someone and the pc normally works well.

Oh yes, I scream,yell, stamp my feet and everything else too when it doesn't do what I want, half the time it's my fault for taking shortcuts that don't exist, the other half, a little patience, thought, and a good vocal emission also do wonders.

Comment

I don't know what's going on, but I just looked at my blogpost from a few days ago and noticed that now the photo is rotated sideways. What happened? It wasn't rotated yesterday or when I posted it. Something had to have changed in the system, because I didn't make this change.

Comment

On TQS you never knows what's going on. Lots of surprises :lol:

living in Central Denmark
                          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 78 users online. 0 members and 78 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X