[vb_main_1]

Haiti donations to UMCOR

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haiti donations to UMCOR

I have no idea where you wanted us to post our donations to Haiti. I am giving through UMCOR, United Methodist Committee on Relief. Our organization was already active in Haiti...two of the leaders were killed during the earthquake. UMCOR has a wonderful long tradition of early relief efforts. 100% of the donations go to the relief effort, none to advertising, publicity, and the like. those expenses are borne by the United Methodist Church in its general budget. http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umcor/

I usually give through Samaritan's Purse or Doctors Without Borders as I am familiar with their work and their ethical handling of donated money.

For Haiti I am also trying to get a quilt done to give to MCC (Mennonite Central Committee). They are taking donations of quilts and sheets until February 28th. The specifications are on their website along with a list of drop off places. They have worked in Haiti for a long time and do humanitarian work around the world.

Comment

I'm giving through Catholic Charities.

Comment

It was originally on the daily blog - but this s a great place to continue the string....(as blogs get buried) - thank you!

Comment

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU to TQS for the way you have decided to address support for Haiti Earthquake Relief.

My husband and I have agreed to make recurring donations to support the people of Haiti. Specifically, we donated to both the American Red Cross and to the non-profit organization, Meds and Food for Kids (MFK) - the only organization in Haiti producing and distributing the only internationally accepted treatment for malnutrition. The Haitians call it Medika Mamba (peanut medicine). For more information about this charity, go to http://mfkhaiti.org/ A close friend of ours is on the board of directors for MFK. My husband's employer matches all of our donations to these organizations.

Comment

In the winter months we attend a United Methodist Church here in the Rio Grande Valley about two thirds of the time. We still attend the church in our park some of the time because of the many friends and prayer partners we have in that church even though we like the minister and his sermons in the United Methodist Church better. We were so saddened to hear about the loss of two of the major leaders of UMCOR in Haiti. They were both rescued from the collapsed hotel but succombed to their injuries later. And then we had a very popular minister in one of our South Texas churches have a serious accident and he was still in ICU on Sunday. This has not been a happy time for the Methodist Church here. but we are still upbeat and doing everything we can (with our retirement incomes and limited physical abilities) to help Haiti and send our prayers out for them and the families affected by this tragedy. We need to PRAY AND GIVE to the best of our abilities. And maybe someday soon we can make quilts or blankets that will comfort the survivors but for now they need our dollars and our supplies for daily living. Ann

Comment

Thank you TQS for this opportunity. As a nurse, I generally like to give to Doctors Without Borders. Last week my nurses organization notified me of the California Nurses Foundation http://www.CalNursesFoundation.org This organization will send nurses and supplies for disaster relief. Since it is not possible for me to go to Haiti, I feel I can help in some way. To make a contribution to this organization go to https://secure.ga1.org/05/rnrn_relief_fund.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X