[vb_main_1]

Jerusalem or Crusader Cross quilt pattern

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerusalem or Crusader Cross quilt pattern

I need to find a pattern for a Jerusalem or Crusader quilt. I have never seen one and my nephew asked for this pattern. Can anyone help me?

I looked up "Jerusalem Cross" on Google. I found a neat page full of images of the cross. Some of them were quilts. If the link doesn't work, just google "Jerusalem Cross" and pick the "images" link. Hope this helps.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Jerus...ient=firefox-a

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

J. Michelle Watts book The Quilted Cross doesn't have any Jerusalem Crosses; however, it does have some cool crosses that are similar... the Cross Crosslet, for example.

Does your nephew play Dungeons and Dragons? Is he a Paladin by any chance?

And how funny/timely, our bulletin from All Saints' Day had a really neat cross on it, so cool that Mom and I are both appliqueing it... From an enlargement of the bulletin with some improvements to make it easier to applique. It's the first thing I might embellish.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
        J. Michelle Watts book The Quilted Cross doesn't have any Jerusalem Crosses; however, it does have some cool crosses that are similar... the Cross Crosslet, for example.

Does your nephew play Dungeons and Dragons? Is he a Paladin by any chance?

And how funny/timely, our bulletin from All Saints' Day had a really neat cross on it, so cool that Mom and I are both appliqueing it... From an enlargement of the bulletin with some improvements to make it easier to applique. It's the first thing I might embellish.
        You will post photos!! Right???

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

You will post photos!! Right???
          Your wish, my command... =) It's in progress - and I put the pics in Show and Tell - What are You Working On? Maybe I should have blogged them... ??

It does show the beginning of what you can do with an applique cross - but the pieced Cross Crosslet in J. Michelle Watts book is more like a Jerusalem Cross.

Comment

Keith, it looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing! And yes....a Member Blog would be nice, too! (Like you've got nothing else to do?)

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Keith,

I think blogs are a great way to keep a running journal of your quilting. Since they keep your blogs under your profile, you can go back and read them (you never know when you might want to go back and refresh your mind on how you did something), or even capture the blogs and save them on a cd. I've also gotten some really great encouragement and many useful pointers along the way (sometimes sent via personal email), that saved me some mistakes or made my quilts a lot better by journal blogging some of my quilts. Let's hear it for running blog quilt journals! :lol: :lol: cheers, Betty Jo

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X