[vb_main_1]

Pillowcases for hospitalized kids

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pillowcases for hospitalized kids

What a wonderful video on today's daily blog. I make pillowcases for the quilts of valor that I send out and they are easy to make. I'm going to my LQS and get some cute kid fabric and get some going. I'm sure our local hospital would like them. It's a super project...thanks for sharing it with us. And Cap'n John will do fine I'm sure. Will look for the details in tomorrow's blog.

Nancy in NC

I was at the TQS booth when Alex did that interview. What amazing women and what a wonderful project they are doing!!!!! I was really inspired. I have not had time to make any pillowcases yet but have been looking at my stash and see things that might appeal to the older kids where the novelty fabrics might not work so hope to do some after Christmas. There are so many great causes out there and each of us can do our part even if it is a small thing. Enjoy, Ann

Comment

In total agreement. Amazing what these women are doing and got going. I was inspired also and plan to make pillowcases. It is a worthy cause. Now to go to my LQS to buy children's fabric. Bobbi

Comment

What a wonderful project and so great for the children who receive the pillowcases. I have been picking out fabric to make some and will get them done this week

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

This is a great project. I've finished four so far.It gave me an excuse to get more fabric. I tried the French seams but was not too good at it, tricky trying to do the side and bottom seams. So I serged and that was much easier and quicker.
          It's a challenge to choose fabric for an older boy.

Comment

As a mother of four boys I can tell you that camoflage is well liked as well as nature, space, animals (just not childish), and solid colors.

I am not sure where to look to get more information about these pillowcases for children. I have a quilt group and we make quilts for people who are sick or have special needs but we have also made baby blankets. I think my group would be willing to set a Thursday night aside and make pillowcases, I just need to know more information.

Thank you. God bless.

Comment

Make a Difference: Brighten a Child's Day
              It is hard to believe that a pillowcase can make a huge impact in the life of a child suffering from cancer. Days spent in a "clinical" environment don't allow for many creature comforts of home. Con-Kerr cancer is an organization whose ultimate goal is "...that every child with a life changing illness...receives a bright, cheery pillowcase when he or she is in the hospital." In just two short years the organization has delivered over 110,000 pillowcases to children in the United States and Canada.

Alex Anderson met the founder of the ConKerr Cancer Project, Cindy Kerr, while in Houston,. Alex wants YOU to make difference in the life of an ill child by stitching up a cheery pillowcase or two. Many of the quilting magazines are also supporting this cause. You can choose to send your pillowcase to a local chapter near you or send them to:

Con-Kerr Cancer, 295 E. Swedesford # 396, Wayne, PA 19087

Here is the information I saved and posted in our guild newsletter.

Comment

ConKerr Cancer has a website with instructions for making the pillowcases and a way to find a drop site near you. I just dropped off 13 at a quilt shop near Madison, WI

Comment

To cheer up a child in the hospital with a pillowcase seems like a simple thing to do for someone who sews. I will drop off 18 to a MD. quilt shop and they will go to Johns Hopkins or University of Md.
                  I hope my doll club will donate fabric and I will be glad to sew for the non-sewers.
                  Coni

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 40 users online. 0 members and 40 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X