[vb_main_1]

Printing on fabric

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing on fabric

I am wanting to print a photo on material for a quilt. I am going to try both BBJ and the pretreated sheets, to see which I like better.

I tried printing picture of my Army son in his uniform, on a paper first but it turned out so dark. Read a article about having to set saturation, but not sure how to do that.

I have a epson CX3800 all in one printer and was wondering if anyone could tell me what to set to make the picture come out lighter when I print it. Tried doing searches on it but besides the basic instructions , it didnt help me.

I would love any help anyone could give me .

Thanks
    Charlene

Charlene
    to alter the saturation of the colour of your picture go to http://www.picnik.com and just follow the instructions, you will be able to do all sorts of photo 'alterations' and providing you give the altered photo a new number you can have as many variations from an original photo as you like. The basic service is free, and you don't even have to register if you don't want to.

hope this helps

Rosemary

Ps if the picture is too dark, check out the exposure settings

Comment

Thanks alot Rosemary, you are awesome. I really appreciate your help. I let you know how it turns out .

Charlene

Comment

Rosemary, I went to picnic and upload the picture, it was fun. I took the picture and made it lighter. It was so much better.

The only thing is that when I printed it on paper it had verical lines going through it. Tried cleaning my printer and it still has them. They dont show up on the computer, just when I print them out.

I will have to work on it. Thanks again for you help. How cool it was fixing the darkness

Charlene

Comment

When you print anything else does the print out have the same lines? So for instance if you printed a letter or another picture does it have the same flaw? If so, it's definitely the printer.

Comment

Hi Theresa. No it doesnt show up when i print a word document. I thought at first it was because I hadnt selected Photo, but it is doing it even after that.

I tried to do a printer test that prints out these squares and one of them had a line through it, I will replace that cartridge but it doesnt make sense because there is still half filled. The printer does great usually but I've never printed a photo before

Comment

Charlene

I'm glad you enjoyed, the playing around on picnik, I find it great fun too, especially the 'neon' setting in the create section.

As for the problem of the line through the photo, unfortunately, I am not that 'printer savy'. However do you have a friend, with computer/printer set up that you could try out a copy of your photo memory file on? or failing that, bearing in mind I have no idea of what type of camera/ memory system you have, could you go and get a print done at a photo shop near you? this would hopefully eliminate the possibility of whether it is your printer or the photo memory file that has the problems.

Rosemary

Comment

Try cleaning your printer heads. the instructions for this should be in your manual.

Jean in Windsor, ON

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 251 users online. 0 members and 251 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X