[vb_main_1]

Chinese fabric

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese fabric

My daughters visited China and brought back this fabric (using as my profile cause I couldn't figure out how to paste an image). I have about 4 yards. Don't know what to do with it. I have looked at patterns, quilts but haven't gotten any inspiration. Any one know of a good website/pattern/etc that may give me some good Asian ideas? thanks!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

I think your fabric is gorgeous. If it were mine, I think I might use it in a "Sashiko with Applique" quilt design. Since it appears to be a big print, you might want to save some of it to use in the border. I couldn't refer you to a particular website, but you can see an example of a Sashiko block that I made on the second personal photo on my profile.

If you like, e-mail me through my profile and I will forward to you a copy of the instructions that I prepared for my quilt guild when this was the optional block and I was the Optional Block Chairperson. These instructions include a lot of sashiko ideas.

Also, I suggest that you browse the web for images of Sashiko and other Asian quilts.

Please keep us posted when you decide what to do with this fabric.

Comment

I have a similar problem. I have been collecting (gee there's an unusual thing for a quilter to do) oriental theme material. My bedroom has an oriental theme and I would love to make a quilt (Cal-King size) to go on the bed. So far I have several ideas from general quilt patterns and magazines but nothing that is just singing to me. I like NancyinSTL's idea for your material. The fabric is very nice. Good luck in your hunting for the perfect pattern. Bobbi

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 217 users online. 0 members and 217 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X