[vb_main_1]

HELP!VIDEO: SIMPLY QUILTS QLT-541,PAT CAMPBELL,JACOBEAN APPL

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!VIDEO: SIMPLY QUILTS QLT-541,PAT CAMPBELL,JACOBEAN APPL

I am desperately trying to find a VHS copy of Simply Quilts program QLT-541, when Pat Campbell showed her terrific technique of appliqueing Jacobean type floral designs. Almost all of Pat's books are out of print - and the few that are available are VERY expensive. Shortly after Pat appeared on Alex's show, she had a stroke and has been unable to function normally since that time, with many problems and hospitalizations. She can no longer create her beautiful quilts and designs. She had published several books, and was beginning to get quite an excellent reputation in the quilting world -- so her illness has been a great loss to all of us, as well as her family.

I have been 'hooked' on the Jacobean design style of flowers, birds, etc - and want to do a whole bed quilt in this style. I am hoping that someone might have taped this Simply Quilts show - and that I can buy a copy of the VHS tape.

This is the information on the show:

Jacobean Rhapsodies - Episode QLT-541

Join the Simply Quilts camera crew at an enclave in Northern California, where quilters can go to take classes for a week amidst the surf and strolling deer. Then host Alex Anderson will be joined in the studio by one of those teachers, Pat Campbell. Campbell demonstrates her unique approach to applique. She has adapted the floral designs of antique crewel work into fabric patterns. Learn how to audition fabric for designs, how to make templates and get tips to make needle-turn applique a snap.
    IN THIS EPISODE
    California Enclave
    Needle-Turn Applique

The show aired on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 on HGTV - but I think that might have been a re-run - as there were programs with higher and lower episode numbers that were aired in 2003.

I would really appreciate your help. I hope I have given enough information that -- if you taped all the Simply Quilt Shows, you might be able to find it easily. I'll be glad to pay for the tape and shipping charges.

Thank you!
    Linda Gale

Well, I do have quite a collection of old vhs tapes. When I have some time, I will scroll through them and see if I can help you. Wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of them again myself. Stay tuned. Paula

Comment

Originally posted by PDQuilt
      Well, I do have quite a collection of old vhs tapes. When I have some time, I will scroll through them and see if I can help you. Wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of them again myself. Stay tuned. Paula
      Thanks Paula -- I know it is a petty daunting task! I used to put labels on my VHS tapes with the program and dates it ran. I hope you did something similar! ;D
      Linda

Comment

NOOOOOOO, sorry, but hang in there (at least I know where they all ARE in my tornado, er "studio" LOL :shock:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 250 users online. 0 members and 250 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X