[vb_main_1]

new and confussed and overwelmed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

new and confussed and overwelmed

Hi fellow quilters, and Greetings from Australia.

First let me say what a fantastic site. I am soo excited that someone has done something like this. All my quilting dreams have come true.

I have recently joined and I really don't know what to do first....what to do and where to go. lol. I feel like I have read everything possible and watched a few shows and really want to start making everything. Soooo overwelming. lol

Hopefully someone can pull me out of the clouds and get me sensible with this site. Need some help getting into some sort of routine.

Thanking you in advance.

Welcome to TQS, Mrsmck!

Just like quilting, you can spend as much or as little time with TQS as you want to!
    Some just come for a brief visit (every day?) and some of us are here so much that we are embarassed to tell! :shock:

I suggest that you pick your favorite area and hit that first, then if time permits, check out the other ones.

I usually check the Daily Blog (and comments), the Member Blogs (and comments), and the Forum. On the main forum page, at the upper right, below the purple bar you will see a place where you can select "View Posts Since Last Visit" or "View Your Posts" or "View Unanswered Posts". Select one of those so that you don't have to check every category (called a thread!) each time.

If I still have time, I will check the BOM SHOW & TELL posts and the gallery. More time? I will scour the site for anything I've missed!

I hope you will post some photos soon! We love photos!!

SEW LONG!
    Margo

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

[quote="Margo"]Welcome to TQS, Mrsmck!

Some just come for a brief visit (every day?) and some of us are here so much that we are embarassed to tell! :shock:

Hi Margo.....yes this is me too, Im on here all the time. Thought it was time to do some blogging. Thanks for the welcome.
      Heather

Comment

Whoo-hoo!! Please post a Member Blog and introduce yourself! It's really fun to get to know everyone!

Comment

Welcome to TQS! I love it here too.

When you are ready to start a blog, think of a name for your whole blog to have. It will be on every post, not just this first one. So don't name your blog something like: My first post! :lol:

There is a spot to title your post and there you can put something like "Welcome ME!" or "My First Post". Know what I mean?

Joyce
          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
          working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
          Tired. 
          Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
          Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

I think of TQS as my Facebook!

Maggie in E. Central Illinois
            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
            Tired. 
            Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
            Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Welcome! Don't forget to check out the quilt gallery. There are so many beautiful quilts in there. I try to check everyday. It is very inspirational. Sandi in FL
              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
              Tired. 

Comment

Welcome. Please add pictures of your quilts. Lots of them.
                Teri
                Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Comment

Welcome! Isn't this a cool site? I think the best thing about this--besides making quilty friends from all over--is being able to put questions in the forum and get help with quilting problems. Then there's all the ways to learn new techniques that are available.

I spend a little time most every day looking at the daily blog, the members blog, and checking out the forum. There's that neat button on the right at the top that allows you to check the forum entries since your last visit--helps after you get to reading every day.

I use my members blog for a kind of quilting journey journal--it's a great way to record particular accomplishments and even life-style events.

Looking forward to getting to know you. Cheers, Betty Jo

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

TQS is a world of its own. We are so much more than a community of quilters now. U will eventually settle into ur own routine, just check out a new section as u have time and u will find ur favorites. As for me my routine seems to have settled into Daily Blog, Member blogs (my favorite part), Quilt Gallery and then the forum. I check out the other sections now and then as I have time. Notice I didn't list the shows? Its not that I don't love them, I do, and never miss a one..... but the focus for me has moved beyond the shows (my original draw).... to the community of friends, sharing, and support that we have made together here. Hope u stay a long time, share alot, and meet many new friends!

Carla

Comment

Thanks everyone for your words of welcome.

Im sure I will make lots of friends here.
                      Hugs Heather

Comment

Welcome, Heather!

Once you are familiar with all the cool stuff that's in the purple bar across the top of the screen, you can then decide which sections float your boat.

For example, I work full-time and have very little spare time. I like to check any new messages in the Forum once a day, and read the home page. If there is time left after that, I often treat myself to a little browsing in the Quilt Gallery. If your time is your own, you could join the BOM. That'll keep you busy for the rest of the year. I can only cope with smaller projects, so I have taken part in a couple of the 'Challenges' and really enjoyed that.

Whatever you decide to do, Heather, have fun!!

Lorchen
                        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                          On the main forum page, at the upper right, below the purple bar you will see a place where you can select "View Posts Since Last Visit" or "View Your Posts" or "View Unanswered Posts". Select one of those so that you don't have to check every category (called a thread!) each time.
                          Margo
                          Welcome, Heather, I'm so glad you could join us! I quoted Margo here because I want to be sure that you pay particular attention to that item. I was a member for a very long time until I learned that. It's a big time saver.

My favorite part is the Forum, I've learned so much from these wonderful people. There are so many very nice people here.

JoAnne in southern California

Comment

Welcome, Heather, I follow the same outline as Margo. Daily blog, members blog and forum. Then when I have time, I fit in the shows and show and tell.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Heather. I follow the same routine as mentioned previously by Ritzy and others. Daily Blog - Members Blog - and Forum...usually in the morning for a while then back on last thing at night. Be sure you click on the postings since your last visit when you go to the forum. It makes it much quicker. Karen

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 248 users online. 0 members and 248 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X