[vb_main_1]

Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me?

I just posted my first blog on this site but it took me forever to figure out how to do it. I am usually good at that type of thing and consider myself a "techie" but that was quite a challange.

The powers that be might want to consider making it a little more user friendly.

I did have fun reading the member blogs though!

Drew
    Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Drew,

You are not alone, I too just started and my 1st attempt ended in the entire blog being lost and having to start all over. My suggestion for the powers that be is to have the instructions 1st before the actual blog entry section.

Linda in SD where March will be heading out like a lion, yes we are in the midst of another heavy snow warning until 2moro eve.
    Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

You have to hit the "submit" button after each picture. Learned that late last night. The hard way. :roll:
      Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

Yeah - its not intuitive. The thing that throws me off is that when I make it active with the checkbox, the screen refreshes back to the post. Makes me wonder if it really was submitted.

I actually prefer the forums. I have other sites I visit that have personal journals in forums rather than blogs. It allows more comments back and forth and is easier to keep up with. A blog is great for diary type entries where you don't necessarily expect feedback, but its much more difficult when you want more of a conversation.
        Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

I have to admit I've barely ventured into the blogs... I'm afraid I'd want to read every entry by every person, leaving NO time for quilting! I just don't dare take that first peek for fear of addiction!
          Florence
          Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

Originally posted by florence
            I have to admit I've barely ventured into the blogs... I'm afraid I'd want to read every entry by every person, leaving NO time for quilting! I just don't dare take that first peek for fear of addiction!
            Florence
            There is alot going on in the blogs Florence.... in some ways u learn more about the person behind the profile there.... If u keep up with them it is a quick read... and who says u have to read them all.... like with quilts there are no blog police here!

Carla

Comment

Don't give up. I am a bit technology challenged (according to my son the computer whiz), but I have managed to do a few blogs, and actually do pictures. :-) And like Carla says, it's a great way to meet the people! Linda

Comment

Hey, Florence, the blogs are additive. You gotta get up earlier so you can read them and then you can get to your quilting. I have to admit that my sewing time has been drastically shortened due to this site but I can't stop clicking on. Judy in AZ

Comment

I love reading everyone's blogs! The hard part for me is that I want to respond to all of them, but I don't because that is what really takes up time. So all of you who blog - you do fabulous work and it is a really fun way to get to know you.

And, if I can figure out how to blog, anyone can do it :-)

Comment

TQS is the reason I'm quilting less! I don't have time to answer, read, and then blog! It's just too time grabbin'

Comment

You're definately right, it is a little obscure in how to get it done. I really enjoy the blogs. I'd love to answer them all, but don't have time, although I've taken to making a very short answer when I do lately--makes it nice and doesn't take too long.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Hi - does anyone know this answer. I submitted a blog yesterday about my DS leaving and got many wonderful replies to my email but it said I had to approve them -- I tried to figure that out, but can't. What am I doing wrong?

Sharon in Colorado :?:

Comment

Originally posted by sewengel
                          Hi - does anyone know this answer. I submitted a blog yesterday about my DS leaving and got many wonderful replies to my email but it said I had to approve them -- I tried to figure that out, but can't. What am I doing wrong?

Sharon in Colorado :?:
                          Go to the members blog area; click on approve comments; click on the ones you want to show. Hope that helps.

Comment

Ritzy -- you are a doll -- thanks.

Sharon

Comment

Drew, your first blog is AMAZING! I hope we hear lots more from you in the future!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 36 users online. 0 members and 36 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X