[vb_main_1]

Stitch Regulator for sit down machine

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stitch Regulator for sit down machine

I recently purchased the Baby Lock Tiara that came with the TruStitch regulator. Tried it once and it was as I describe as jerky. My dealer told me to keep it near the needle. Any suggestions for your success with the regulator is greatly appreciated.

I don't have a clue, but do know about the Yahoo group called HQ 16 Handi-Quilter Sit-Down Table Model. If you don't get an answer here, join that group and pose the question. It's a very active group.

There are also videos about the TruStitch on the Handiquilter site.
    http://www.handiquilter.com/videos/

Comment

Susan thank you for your response. I do watch Utube tuts and am not a fan of Yahoo, I think with just practice using it will come together.

Comment

I'm a member of the Yahoo Sweet 16 sitdown group, one of their main topics of conversation is the stitch regulator. I don't have the stitch regulator, so I don't pay much attention to those messages, but there are a lot of quilters using it. Members also own the Tiara and other brands as well as the HQ sweet 16. I don't know if you can look at the message archives without joining, but I'm sure there is a wealth of info in there. Kathy

Comment

I have the Husqvarna Platinum 16 and the Tru-Stitch was part of the package for me. I tried it and had the same result of jerkiness and just put it aside. Last month our local quilt shop (who is a HQ dealer) had a three-day seminar with their educator, Debby Brown. It was splendid! She demonstrated everything with the stitch regulator. Her settings that work for her are: Set cruise at 22. Set the stitch length at 18 per inch. That way, the needle starts and continues to make correct stitches as soon as she begins to move her quilt sandwich. I have not been back on my machine yet since this class, but a friend of mine has, and that setting works for her (we bought our machines at the same time - we're newbies!). Let me just say that I didn't even know that there WAS a cruise setting. It is the best money I've spent lately on this seminar. Debby has four videos for purchase and a lot on Utube. I've found a world of information on the HandiQuilter site. Debby has a blog: http://higheredhands.blogspot.com/ that might give you more information or you could email her. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by AnnetteMarie
            not a fan of Yahoo, I think with just practice using it will come together.
            Me either, Annette, but those groups, if you can get past the BS topics, do have a wealth of knowledge. You can do a search within the discussions.

Beverly, as far as the videos go, I bought a bunch of HQ videos, only to find out most of the information is available for free on Youtube. grrr. I don't know about Debby Brown's videos. I have heard she is awesome. Gynconnie (TQS member) might be able to shed some light on those videos. I haven't seen her here on the forum in awhile, so Annette, before you purchase, you might ask her.

Comment

I bought the videos at the seminar and they are excellent - and I can stop and replay whenever I need to!

Comment

Thanks ladies. I will try the settings recommended and see if that helps. I love my new Tiara now if the pilot can get the stitching results she wants. LOL.

Comment

I'm on the same journey with you, Annette, and having a ball with it!

Comment

Beverly I gave up my long arm machine and frame. It worked well and had Qbot for automated quilting designs, however the machine took up way too much room and just set gathering dust. So now have lots of room and so enjoying the sit down long arm. OF course out some money as I still have the Qbot, ruler base and stylus for pattern boards that I will attempt to sell. Just love sewing together a quilt and seeing the end results. I am determined to conquer the stitch regulator.

Comment

I just bought a bay lock trustitch regulator off of eBay for my HQ Sweet 16 sit down. I was a bit apprehensive after reading a lot of cons about stitch regulators, but I absolutely love it! I use NanaPie's post to set my regulator at 18 SPI and a cruise of 22 and it worked perfectly.--no problems whatsoever. The only thing I had to do was update firmware on my machine, but it was money well spent.

Comment

Thanks for your post. Used it for setting up my regulator and it worked perfectly!

Comment

I also have been considering purchasing a stitch regulator for my Tin Lizzie, but they don't sell those. Are there stitch regulators that aren't brand specific.

Sharon in Colorado

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X