HandiQuilter - TruStitch

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HandiQuilter - TruStitch

Hello,

A friend of mine is interested in buying the TruStitch for her handiquilter and asked if I new anyone who used this and any comments, well I said I would try you all and see what happens.

Her question is "does it definitely hold the stitch length" I think she wants to know if no matter what you do the stitch length stays the same, am I making sense !!!!!!!

Thanking you in advance for any comments

:? :? :? :? :?

Taree NSW - Australia
    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

I just got an announcement from Handiquilter about the TruStitch, I don't know if it is available yet. There's a you tube video on the HQ website about using it. The person demoing it doesn't seem to be a very experienced quilter- so it's hard to say if it works well or not. I'm waiting to read comments from people on the Yahoo Sweet Sixteen sit-down list who will surely pop in with their opinions pretty soon.
    Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathyst2
      I just got an announcement from Handiquilter about the TruStitch, I don't know if it is available yet. There's a you tube video on the HQ website about using it. The person demoing it doesn't seem to be a very experienced quilter- so it's hard to say if it works well or not. I'm waiting to read comments from people on the Yahoo Sweet Sixteen sit-down list who will surely pop in with their opinions pretty soon.
      Kathy

http://www.handiquilter.com/videos/?id=195

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Jill, someone on the SS Yahoo list just posted that the price for the TruStitch is $895, and if you have a machine purchased since april of this year, you have the software to run the add-on. If not, you have to send some part of the machine back to HQ for a software upgrade. And "older" machines- previous generation? can't use the Tru Stitch. If I see any other updates, I'll post the info here. Oh, they said it would ship June 1, and apparently they are demoing it at some major quilt shows now.
        Kathy

Comment

Thanks ladies for this I appreciate your help heaps

Taree NSW - Australia
          My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Update on the price: I just talked to my local handiquilter dealer tonight, he said it will be $995 US.

Kathy

Comment

thanks for this Kathy

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

I tried and recently bought the TruStitch at MQS in KC a few weeks ago. Its not perfect, but obviously I was impressed enough to buy it! It was $895 at the show. I don't have my system hooked up yet (I'm waiting for HQ to send back my updated Cpod and screen), but will let you know my final verdict when I do. I am very excited about it!

Comment

will be interested in how you find it and thanks.

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

There is a Yahoo group for HQ. One for regular frame FMQ. One for we sit-down FMQ folks. Has been lots of discussion so check it out.

Comment

thanks also for this info

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

Hi Ya'll,
                        After becoming truly PO'd at my Bernina BSR, I retired & ordered an HQ Sweet Sixteen from a long time Bernina/HQ dealer who has a wide reputation for great classes. She watched me FM for awhile and then told me not to get the TruStitch, said it's like training wheels and I didn't need it in her opinion, and I should forget about the BSR. I've been a happy camper free-motioning ever since (all 4 days). Can't wait for the HQ machine to be delivered and set up.

Lynn, I joined two HQ forums on yahoo, but all I could see was discussion about whose anniversaries are when. Is there anything of substance there? Somewhere I did get a reference to the MQX in Portland in October. I just drooled over the classes, but it's at the same time as a class I'm signed up for in Paducah. Does MQX ever come to the East Coast?

Comment

Susan, the MQX show actually started on the East coast! Here is a link to next year's show in Manchester, New Hampshire!

http://www.mqxshow.com/MQX/East/Home/index.cfm

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X