[vb_main_1]

New LA Owner

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New LA Owner

I'm a new owner of a LA. What are some helpful hits you could give me? I'm also going to be starting a LA business any advice there.

Thank you,
    Stacey

I am new to LA as well and was hoping you had some new tips so that I could see them as well. My LA stayed in the warehouse for a year and finally brought her home. I quilted my first big quilt on her today! Had a bit of problem with her but talked with the company and redirected some cables until a piece or two can be replaced. They were great to eorknwith as I am certainly not smart on this stuff!! The quilt I did was one my mom started over 30 years ago....I kind of snuck it out, pieced the blocks and quilted it...have the binding ready to handset then will wash and give to her for Mothers Day! The material was not the greatest but I am so excited to see what she says....glad she loves me tho as it certainly isn't perfect but boy was it fun MOST of the time....

Comment

Will you post a photo sobusy so that we can see your mother's quilt when you have finished? There are lots of threads on this forum for long-arm quilters which you have probably found but just in case here's a link:

forum/longarm-machines

Have a happy quilting day

Comment

All I can tell you both is to remember that a first impression is a lasting impression. I didn't take any client quilts for 4 months after I got my LA. Here's an article for you to read: http://www.houseofhanson.com/longarm.html Scroll down about halfway to "Now that you have your machine". There is nothing more important than practice-even if your machine is computerized. Don't be too quick to jump into business-do your research.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
        Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
          Will you post a photo sobusy so that we can see your mother's quilt when you have finished? There are lots of threads on this forum for long-arm quilters which you have probably found but just in case here's a link:

forum/longarm-machines

Have a happy quilting day
          I don't know how to post a pic. I did take a pic and my mom loved the quilt! Thank you for sharing that link I am going to ck it out.. I do plan on practicing before I do for others as I sure would hate to mess some ones quilt up. I do have a good friend who does a lot of lap quilts and gave me one to practice on but am practicing on puppy quilts before attempting that!

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Sobusy, if you want to attach a photo to your post here you scroll down the page and click on 'upload attachment'. You will then get a box that has 'choose file' in it. Click on this and it will give you choices as to where to get photos from on your computer - i.e. your photos, desktop etc. click on the image number in the dropdown box and 'add the file'. When that is done you need to click on 'place in line' and then the number of the image will appear next to whatever you have typed in the subject box. Then just click 'submit' and it should appear with your next post. Hope that helps.

Comment

It would also be helpful for you to wander over to the thread on this board named "What to put on your quilt" and watch this video and read the comments. There are many many places to watch helpful tutorials on the web, but this is a good starter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emNxO...ature=youtu.be

Lynn (some day I'm going to 'invent' a signature when I have time! ha)

Comment

Sad to say our local quilt store is closing, but I got a killer deal on a Artistic 18 longarm quilting machine and frame. Anyone familiar with this machine? thanks for any help. The lady said it is made by Elna. Thanks, Dixie

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X