[vb_main_1]

What kind of long arm do you have?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of long arm do you have?

I went with the Hinterberg stretch frame with the Voyager 17. I've had it for a couple of months now and am having a blast with it.

What kind do you have?

Pamela
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

I have an A-1 and absolutely love it!
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I have a 2000 Gammill Classic retrofitted with ISTurbo(cl). Although I love my machine and we have bonded over the years , I'm open to looking at other brands when I go to MQX next month.

Eileen Keane, mailto:mpkemk@frontiernet.net
      http://www.designingquilts.com
      Gammill Classic w/IS Turbo(cl)
      Maybrook, NY

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I have a Nolting 18" and looking to upgrade.

Comment

I have a 2001 Gammill Classic, "Gammie". I love my Gammill. he purrrrrrr's for me.

Comment

I also have a Voyager 17 on a Hinterberg Stretch Frame. I've only done 4 quilts on it and am in the process of getting #5 on the frame

Since I'm not planning on quilting as a business, this size and price should be great for me for many years to come.

I am taking a couple of LA classes at AQS and can hardly wait to gain confidence!

JOY

Comment

I have an A-1 Elite, and like Paule, I just love it! Just got her in March, 2007. For the three years before, I had a Gammill Premier.

Randi

Comment

I have an A-1 Elite. Her name is Elsie May and I love her. She tolerates me and my newbie attempts at LAing , but we'll be a good team eventually.

Elsie May says "Hi Corky" :wink: .

Jorja

Comment

I went to MQX and decided, after a lot of thought, to have the Intellistitch taken off and the Plus added. After all, I do love my machine and don't want to sell it.
                  So my signature will be:

Eileen Keane, mailto:mpkemk@frontiernet.net
                  http://www.designingquilts.com
                  Gammill Classic Plus
                  Maybrook, NY

Isn't that cool?

Comment

I have a Gammill Classic Plus. She is green with black overlay. My original GC+ was five years old and I did a trade at the Chicago festival last year. Sooooo glad I did! I had stitching problems with my old one and always chalked it up to operator error. My new one sews like a dream!

Comment

I have a Millennium and so far I love it! I've only had it since May 11th, so am still practicing. What a great machine!

Raggie

Comment

I looked at the Millie and even test drove it at MQX. Really nice machine. I just can't justify spending that much when I could retrofit my baby. I made an expensive mistake the first time around, so I hope this will work for me. :lol:

Comment

I've got an HQ16. Although I'm a "newbie", I really do enjoy this machine. No problems at all - love it!

Comment

I own a Janome embroidery 9500, a Janome 1600 long arm and a King size Little Gracie Frame with the wooden stencils. I don't like the frame at all, it is stored away. It doesn't have enough quilting space for me, I gotta have "my" Quilting freedom!
                            I use my long arm on a large desk up against the wall with a long table set aside the desk then a small table up beside my chair it is also my ironing table. I pin all my quilts. pinning the back down into the carpet with special pins then I layer the cotton batting on top then add the quilt top. "I would have marked my quilting pattern before pinnning". I use over a 1,000 pins for my king size quilts. I sit down in the middle of the quilt pinning from middle outwards on all four sides. 4-6 hours of pinning! Pinning is my least favorite part of the whole process of making quilts,it's the darn pin pricks! I don't mind it some days. Quilting is my favorite part of the whole process and I enjoy doing bindings too. It can take me One - Two days to quilt my king size quilts. I do Love my Janomes. Though I'm amazed with the Gammils, I would Love to own one. Though it's way to much money for me to not have a buisness of my own in quilting. Gammil owners you are very Lucky!
                            Dream Machines

Comment

I got a Gammill Optimum Plus in January and absolutely love it. It is so easy to use and does a great job. I am very interested in learning some new techniques as time goes on. Using the Gammill is so much better than my previous machine (Pfaff Grand Quilter) just because of the throat size alone!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X