[vb_main_1]

Newbie quilter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie quilter

I have a Vision 18 and have started practicing quilting with stencils hoping to get past stippling and meandering. I am having trouble following marked lines because of some resistance in movement of the machine especially when moving the machine away from me and diagonally. My friend told me to clean the tracks but this didn't improve control of the machine. I've tried sewing fast and setting the machine to the slowest speed in regulated mode. I've tried a really loose relaxed grip and a firmer grip. I do have the microgrip handles. It still feels like i have to muscle the machine to go in certain directions. Is it me or the machine???

Is the machine you are talking about a Tin Lizzie product?
    If so, I can't help you, but can tell you that 4 ladies in my long-arm group have Tin Lizzies and they have complained alot about the same issues.

No matter what kind of machine you have, you need to contact your dealer to have it checked out. You shouldn't have to fight with the machine to get smooth stitches.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

It is a Gammil Vision 18-8, So, I will call the dealer, thank you

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I have a Vision 26. It was a little stiff like that in the beginning, but now it moves a lot easier. I think it was a combination of practice for me and use for the machine. I am still not great, but can do much better than I had before.
        What did the dealer tell you? I am curious. Thanks.

Comment

This may seem obvious, but how low do you have your take-up roller? If it's sitting on the harp of the machine, you will create drag.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I was told to set the machine on constant instead of regulate. At the slowest speed I have a little more control but still meet some resistance which causes wobbling in the stitching line. I am willing to keep practicing though. Re the take up roller, it is in the same position the installers set it. I'll have to get my manual out to check the proper position and to find out what the harp is!! Thank you for the input.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
            Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 46 users online. 0 members and 46 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X