[vb_main_1]

Sewing machine recommendation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing machine recommendation

My husband has offered to buy me a new sewing machine. I had a beautiful PFAFF 1171 that went to stitching heaven and a Brother 1500S (straight stitch only).

Any one want to recommend a nice domestic machine for quilting and share the reason why you recommend it?

Thanks!
    Val

Dear Val,
    Before I bought my Viking Megaquilter I went online for advice. Best : what machine does your quilt shop carry, because then you can get lessons and service for it. I do love the bigger throat. It is my main machine. I also have a Babylock Cresendo for decorative stitches. It also has a big throat. I do love the Q2, that Alex got, for a middle sized quilting machine.
    Happy shopping.
    Pat

Comment

Hi!
      My choice was a Janome Sewist 721. I hadn't sewn much and was wanting economy and simplicity. A model that is computerized may be interesting with time and more experience but is beyond my current needs. This model has the features and stitches I need and is SO easy and fun to use. In the past month I've made Roman shades and two types of cushions, taken clothes in and mended everything in sight. I'll tackle slipcovers net. Very happy with it.
      Cheers,
      Aria

Comment

I love my Pfaff and by getting thru a dealer I have had help for all my different sewing techniques that I need, blind hems, gathering by machine and so much more. Every machine is different and you just have to get used the new ones.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X