[vb_main_1]

Elna

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elna

Does anyone have experience with Elna machines, and if so, what is your opinion of them vs other major brands?

I have a small Elna that I actually won from our State Quilt Guild. I had to claim $900 for my taxes and I NEVER would have paid that much for it. However, it is in the Janome family and I can interchange feet. It works well, but not a workhorse, which I need. But I do think Elna is a decent brand. If you want a much better machine go with Janome.

Hope that helps, Sharon in Cold Colorado

Comment

Hi, I have an Elna 740 eXcellence which came with 14 presser feet neatly organized in a built-in organizer. It is mostly made of iron, so is very heavy. It is my go-to machine for almost all of my quilt- piecing, clothing and decor fabrics.
      Then I have a vintage Elna Lotus which I use for classes and traveling.
      I use an Elna 7100 on my short-arm quilting frame to do my quilting.
      *** You cannot go wrong with an Elna.
      All three of these machines are workhorses....I plugged them in when I got them, and have never had any trouble with any of them. Apart from changing bobbins, needles and occasional oiling, these machines start immediately - even when I have not worked on them for any length of period. I do not need to fiddle with them before I can work....just plug in, turn on and start to feed the fabric through.
      *** I gave my Bernina to my sister....I just could not tolerate its finicky-ness with threads, and tension and and and......the troubles just never stopped. But my sister loves her.
      HTH.
      Take care,
      Carol

Comment

Elna machines are manufactured by Janome and are exactly the same machines as Janome but with Elna branding.

Comment

I needed a simple inexpensive machine that sews everything. I tried different, I liked this one the most - Elna 1150. And sews well and beautiful.
          fairly practical, powerful and reliable model. The level of ease of operation for this model is average, but extremely easy to use.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X