[vb_main_1]

Janome 6500

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome 6500

I have been having trouble with my walking foot. All of the sudden, I am breaking needles. The needle is hitting the part of the foot that should be just behind the needle. Is the problem with the foot, or could the needle be out of alignment somehow? I have had the machine for a number of years, and have never had any problems with it.
    Thanks for any insight you can provide!
    Susan

I have a Janome 6600 and have found the online Yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Janome6500/6600/7700 to be a wonderful resource for info about my machine....it is a large group with active participation and extensive files with answers to lots of questions. I would encourage you to check it out! Nancy

Comment

That happened to me (I have a Janome 5200 which does not have a built in walking foot). I had to buy a new walking foot because the old one was worn out according to the sewing centre.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for the advice. I have located a replacement foot at a shop that is close by. I have put a lot of miles on that foot and can't get by without one. I have a day off from work today, and it is a gloomy rainy day--perfect for the sewing room!
        Susan

Comment

Hi guys, this is the first time that I have posted here.
          Just wanted to ask whether this is a common "fault" with this machine, at least in your experience.
          I read this Janome 6500P review and was keen to get my hands on one (after saving for an eternity...!)
          What are your thoughts?
          Thanks
          Susan

Comment

Jane, I can't imagine wearing out a walking foot! You must have gone miles and miles and more miles with that one to wear it out!?

Comment

I can't imagine wearing out a walking foot, but by having a jam and breaking a needle, some things, like the needle bar, can get out of alignment and may need a tune-up. Not disaster, just annoying.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X