[vb_main_1]

Trip to the shop?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip to the shop?

Hey all- my first problem with my sewing machine. It won't let me pull up the bobbin thread. I have rethreaded the bobbin and the top thread, I have removed and cleaned the bobbin case area of lint, and I have changed the needle. Just before this happened I had been having trouble with my seams gathering, rethreaded the bobbin and it worked fine. Then both my top and bobbin thread broke (about a week later) it was in trying to fix this that I got to the problem I am now having. It sounds to me (in all of my weeks of having a sewing machine :roll: ) like a bobbin tension problem but the knob my owners manual says to use to change the tension doesn't exist on my machine :shock:

Is there anything else I should try or does this sound like a trip to the sewing machine doctor?

Thanks

Lisa

It's terminal, buy the new Bernina!!.......... Only joking, couldn't resist in light of recent discussions.

Seriously, I don't know what make your machine is. I had a problem with the bobbin working properly. There is a very tiny spring inside my bobbin case (Husqvarna Interlude 445) and that was broken. All I needed was a new bobbin case. I hope your problem can be solved as easily. Good luck!
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Sorry, Lorchen- you're right that is important information. I have a Janome MC 4900. I would love the new Bernina but the only way that's going to happen is if I win the one they are giving away when we hit 50,000 subscribers (or was it 60,000?).
      Lisa

Comment

you may have a tiny piece of thread caught up in the works somewhere... :?
        I had this same problem with my new pfaff after a few weeks. take it to the shop, when a machine gets stuck like that, it throws off the timing :x .
        easy to fix, and important to fix.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X