[vb_main_1]

Question- Bernina 770QE Presser Foot for Zig Zag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question- Bernina 770QE Presser Foot for Zig Zag

I'm still getting accustomed my my new machine and mostly use the 97D patchwork foot and 50 three-sole walking foot so far. I'm making fabric masks and need to zig zag stitch edges.When I select the zig zag stitch and increase the width on the screen the stitch turns red so I'm guessing I have the wrong foot (I have the 97D on now). Which feet can I use for the Zig Zag stitch? Also, do I have to change the stitch plate? Thanks! Sandra

Change the throat plate to the 9 mm plate and be sure to tell the machine that is the plate that is on. You can use foot #1 for zig zag or other wide feet—I like 20 and use that often, 20D since I have the same machine.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

It's a long time since I was here. I also have the same new machine and was slowly getting used to it when Boom Coronavirus! I'm trying to make face masks and have been trying find a good pattern, I dug all around the Internet and have settled for Connie Kresin Campbell's PDF pattern from her blog Free Motion by the River but then thought Oh the best one must be on The Quilt Show but have lost my way around the site as it has changed since I was last here. Do you have a good pattern please? Connie's pattern looks really good probably because she is a quilter but I haven't made it yet, I'll do it tomorrow and it will be my third pattern - attempt. Third time lucky I hope! Going for tapes as the elastic is so hard to get right as in not too tight.

Comment

Margarita, there are so many Face Mask patterns on the internet--we don't have a specific one here. It can be overwhelming to decide which to choose.

Start a New Topic under This and That-Quilt Related--call it What Face Mask Pattern Do You Like? and I bet you will get many suggestions with links.

I have made simple pleated ones using Missouri Star and Leah Day and next I plan to try one of the shaped, non-pleated style. The ties took a long time to fold and sew, even with a bias tape maker, so next batch I am cutting up a t-shirt into 1" strips x 50" long for one long tie that creates a halter style tie. See quiltville.blogspot.com for that idea.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        North Alabama, USA
        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Margarita, You said it has been a while since you used the forum. Barbara Black, who responded to you request, gave a good tip a while back that if you hit the
          box Recent at the top of this page next to Index, you will get all recent posts. There have been some posts on face masks. I looked up the one Connie has on
          her website, and that is the one I have seen most often on numerous websites and I have seen people wearing in public. If you want a more complex face mask
          with a spot for a filter to be inserted, Kathy McNeill, famous quilter and retired critical care nurse, has one on her website. Just google her name and quilter and it
          will come up. On her Home screen it says construction of face mask, click here, and it takes you to a step by step process. Hope this helps. Welcome back to the
          forum there is lots of valuable info here. Take the time to become familiar with it. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X