[vb_main_1]

Leave my iron on

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave my iron on

I'm ashamed to say I have on more than one occasion left my travel iron on in my sewing room for hours and even overnight. Unintentionally of course.

I'm looking for a travel iron with auto shut off after so many minutes of not being used. Anyone know of one? or have you another solution. Thanks

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Wendy,
    I plugged my iron and a lamp into a surge protector extension cord with multiple outlets. It has a switch to turn off power to everything plugged into it.

I might forget to turn the iron off, but I will surely notice when I leave the room that the light is still on, and turn the extension cord switch off then - which automatically turns off power to the iron also. I still turn off the iron, as a safeguard. The lamplight is my reminder.

Judy

Comment

Judith, I do the same thing I look around my sewing room as I leave it and if there are any light on I turn them off and unplug them as well.
      Anne

Comment

A light is a really good idea. Ive also seen there are plugs that turn off after 30 mins that would be extra safeguard thanks.
        I put the question on a facebook group and one persons iron had been on since monday !!

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Twiglet,
          Like Judy I have my iron plugged into a multiple outlet surge protector. When I turn the light off it goes off too. A friend of mine uses a rubber band
          that she puts next to the iron. When she turns the iron on, she put the rubber band around her wrist, when she turns it off, she takes the rubber band off and lays
          it beside the iron. You could do the same thing with a bracelet or anything you put on and take off as you use the iron.
          HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 51 users online. 0 members and 51 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X