X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I iron a basket load and enjoy it. Very meditative

living in Central Denmark
    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Hi Kathy, Yes I iron everything all in one go but then I like ironing!
      I hate to have piles of ironing waiting to be done when I could be sewing.
      Happy New Year
      Anne

Comment

Many of our clothes now are just shake out from the dryer and hang them up - thank goodness. I used to iron pillowcases, my dad's boxer shorts, so much stuff I would never bother ironing today.

Comment

This sounds like the perfect iron for quilters. Off and on the base often. I imagine its a challenge to use on a basket of laundry. People seldom, if ever, iron whole baskets of laundry. I remember sitting and watching my mother iron. It was always such a peaceful time. I looked forward to her ironing day.

Comment

I got my black, no-holed bottom iron from the Vermont Country Store for under $25. Have had it several years now and no problems. Stays hot. One drawback might be that it doesn't have auto shutoff so I do have to pay attention to that at the end of a sewing session.

On-line purchase from vermontcountrystore.com.

Comment

I got my iron from Vermont country store last month, I like it. I wanted an iron that did not shut off automatically. The only draw back is the sole plate is not as smooth as some of the newer irons but I can live with that. Maybe one of the "iron shoes" from Sharon Shambers show would work great. JAN K

Comment

I would love to see a pict of the sole of your iron from the Vermont Country Store. I know some long loved tools are now manufactured outside the country and manufactured at lower standards. I had experience with that buying an electric scissors a number of years ago. The product I received was not like the ones I had seen in stores just a few years prior to my purchase.

Comment

Lois, I am out of town now. Won't return until next week but will try to remember to send a photo.
                  Best I can remember there are shallow groves? Perhaps someone else can photo befor next week. Janet k

Comment

Lois, I will try to send that photo of the sole plate. Hope it is clear enough.

Comment

Oops, sorry I sent 2. The groves are barely able to be felt. Hope the show up in the photo. Janet K

Comment

The iron is nice and heavy and very usable. I am used to the Teflon coated sole plates and they really glide but either have steam holes or have automatic turn off which I did not want. Janet K

Comment

Janet, It looks quite smooth to me.

Comment

I also love this iron! I was debating the merits of getting a cordless iron and had been looking at this Panasonic model (NI-WL 600) and after I read your comments plus the fact Best Buy had a good deal on it last week online, I decided to order it, and now after using it a few days I LOVE this iron! Since its for mainly quilting and other sewing , its great - for those who are "obsessive laundry ironers", it's probably not the best choice, but I rarely iron laundry anymore, but for my sewing room ironing, it's perfect. I love that its a fairly compact size, heats up quickly and keeps heat for plenty of time to press a seam or other construction press, easy to fill tank (or can be used "dry) plus has a neat little carrying case (if ever needed to take to a retreat or class). Thanks for your review Nancy Ann - glad I read it before deciding to get I this iron!

Comment

I was just thinking I might spend some Christmas money on a cordless iron. This is good info!
                              Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

I recently purchased the Panasonic 360 iron. I was skeptical and read less than favorable reviews of it; most said it's not hot enough. After using it now for two weeks, I'm very satisfied with it. I primarily use it to smooth out wrinkles in quilt tops after they are loaded on the quilt frame. But I've also used it to press quilt blocks in the piecing process and it stays hot enough with a good amount steam for what I need to do. It is not very heavy and I prefer a heavier iron but I'm adjusting to that and not having a cord is sweet! I also use a dry iron made by Continental Edison, which is ok for what it is but it is only 1200 watts; and a Reliable Velocity 100 steam generator iron.The V100 is a very heavy iron. I"m happy with the Reliable...and will be especially thrilled if it lasts longer than my previous four Rowentas, which no matter how good of care they received, seem to only last one year. Rowenta is an example of they do not make them like they have in the past as I still have a much older Rowenta that works.
                                Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 162 at 11:28 PM on 05-25-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X