[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

PQF thimbles -

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just making my own from fabric paper & silk, they work beautifully and I am taking names from others who are interested - once I work out how to organise sizes I will be following them up :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by rehak
      The original post was from 2008, so maybe they realized that they had left the price off and added it in. Just guessing...

I'll have to have a look at these thimbles. I don't generally use a thimble because I find them very awkward, but am always looking for something since my finger can get pretty ripped up.

Nancy

Well, DUH!! Thanks for pointing that out Nancy! I usually check dates when new topics come up, but it just so happened that a lady in a class I was teaching this morning at my LQS was asking about my thimble, and when I saw this new topic I just had a senior moment! ops:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

They do look interesting - I would like to try one sometime - perhaps they will come to the K&S show in November here. I cant use any of the other kinds of thimbles because I never learned when I was young. But I do use a leather one all the time and I find the flexibility of it to be great. It also doesn't slip off my finger.

Comment

I got introduced to using a thimble at 17 - not desparately young (although perhaps it seems so now) with the instructions you will learn to use them (one for each hand) but it was when I went to the RSN, and you cannot survive a full working week sewing by hand without some protection, part of it is an attitude of mind, the other part is having the right size/shape (fingers are not round) sometimes squishing the metal thimbles out of round makes them more comfortable and they sit on the finger better.

I also got fed up going home every night with rust rings around my fingers, until I worked out to paint the insides with nail varnish :wink:

Comment

I'm looking to purchase another PQF Thimble. I have used one for years and it's the best thimble for me. I can't seem to locate where on line to purchase them. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by sharequilts
              I'm looking to purchase another PQF Thimble. I have used one for years and it's the best thimble for me. I can't seem to locate where on line to purchase them. Any ideas?
              Hmmmmm....Linda, it looks like the links to that company no longer work.

I have this e-mail address, but haven't checked to see if it still works: mailtoqfthimbles@sbcglobal.net

Does anyone have a phone number for them?

Comment

Thanks Margo. I'll give the email address a try.

Linda

Comment

the first link now goes to a totally chinese site, and Chrome doesn't translate it for me.

Comment

Try this: mary Ann Peters, 288 Alta Vista Dr, S. San Francisco, CA. 94080. I recently could only contact her by mail. Here is an phone number 650-583-2525

Comment

Here is mailing address:
                      Mary Ann Peters
                      288 Alta Vista Dr
                      S. San Francisco, CA 94080
                      Thimbles are $25. Ea and worth every penny

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 54 users online. 0 members and 54 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X